Quality and Outcomes Reports - Pediatric General and Thoracic Surgery
What this means - Families from Wisconsin and other states are seeking our expertise, as the reputation of the Pediatric General and Thoracic Surgery Program, the surgeons and Children's Hospital of Wisconsin has grown nationally.
About the data - The map shows the states that Pediatric General and Thoracic Surgery patients came from in 2012.
Related dimensions of care:
What we're doing to provide the best care:
- We have a highly specialized Children's Transport Team available 24 hours a day to stabilize and transport sick and injured infants and children to our center. More than 1,500 transports are provided each year.
- We offer the Family Accommodations Program to help make travel arrangements and coordinate appointments for families traveling to our center from a long distance.
- We added inpatient beds with the hospital expansion and increased the capacity in our recovery, consultation and waiting rooms at our Surgicenter location in spring 2009.
- We offer fellowship training programs in pediatric surgery and surgical critical care, as well as provide training in pediatric surgery to general surgical residents from The Medical College of Wisconsin and postgraduate physician assistants.
Patients and families:
- If you cannot keep a scheduled appointment, please call Central Scheduling at (877) 607-5280 or (414) 607-5280 as soon as possible to reschedule. This allows us to see another child who may require our care.
- Arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment so we can gather needed information from you before you see the doctor.
- Check with your insurance provider before your visit to see if a referral is needed to see a specialist at Children's Hospital.
- Fill out and fax a referral form prior to sending the patient to Children's Hospital for outpatient ancillary services or a specialty clinic visit.
- Forward any pertinent patient documentation, including test results, to the specialty physician's office prior to the patient's visit.
- Referring physicians can access our specialists for consultation or transport 24 hours a day. Call our physician referral line at (800) 266-0366.
- Health care providers from outside of our southeastern Wisconsin service area are encouraged to use our web-based
e-Consult service. This service is available for non-urgent patient cases only and gives providers access to our specialists to review patient cases, obtain medical advice or second opinions, and receive care recommendations for rare symptoms and illnesses.
e-Consult is not to be used by the general public, parents/guardians or families.
- Care guidelines for medical professionals
- Educational materials
- Pocket Directory
If you have questions about this data or information, email us or call (414) 266-6556.