Quality and Outcomes Reports - Pediatric General and Thoracic Surgery
Referring physician satisfaction
Why we measure it - An important indicator of how we are doing is what our referring physicians think of the care we provide to their patients, the timeliness of our communication with them and the availability of our staff to answer their questions. Urgent and emergent patients always are seen immediately.
What this means - Overall, responses are very favorable. The only area of improvement is ease of contacting staff.
About the Data - In 2010, a third-party vendor conducted a survey of physicians who regularly refer patients to Children's Hospital of Wisconsin and provided this feedback. Surveys are conducted every two years. Due to the implementation of EPIC in the fall of 2012, referring physician surveys were not done in 2012. Our next survey will be conducted in 2014. The data above relates to Pediatric General and Thoracic Surgery.
Related dimensions of care:
What we're doing to provide the best care:
- To improve patient flow and case management in the Surgery Clinic, we created specialty clinics including a Burn Clinic.
- We offer outreach clinics to reduce the number of trips many families need to make to our Milwaukee hospital location. Our specialists travel to Neenah, Green Bay and New Berlin, Wis., to provide care closer to where our patients live.
- We have a team including physician assistants, nurses and advanced practice nurses to help coordinate inpatient care and smooth the transition to outpatient care.
- We regularly survey our referring physicians and encourage them to share their opinions and suggestions.
- We review and implement changes based on physician satisfaction feedback.
- If you receive a satisfaction survey, please share your experience with us. Let us know what is important to you and any suggestions you have for improvement.
- Contact the physician liaison in your area to provide feedback:
- Fill out and fax a referral form prior to sending the patient to Children's Hospital for outpatient ancillary services or a specialty clinic visit.
- Forward any pertinent patient documentation, including test results, to the specialty physician's office prior to the patient's visit.
- Referring physicians can access our specialists for consultation or transport 24 hours a day. Call our physician referral line at (800) 266-0366.
- Health care providers from outside of our southeastern Wisconsin service area are encouraged to use our web-based
e-Consult service. This service is available for non-urgent patient cases only and gives providers access to our specialists to review patient cases, obtain medical advice or second opinions, and receive care recommendations for rare symptoms and illnesses.
e-Consult is not to be used by the general public, parents/guardians or families.
- Care guidelines for medical professionals
- Educational materials
- Pocket Directory
If you have questions about this data or information, email us or call (414) 266-6556.