Quality and Outcomes Reports - Herma Heart Center
Patient and Family Experience
Why we measure it - For us to understand how we are doing, we ask our patients and families to tell us about their care experiences. Our goal is for everyone to have the best possible experience with us, so while "very good" is a great answer, we use only the response "excellent" to track our progress. We also know that patients and families who rate their care as "excellent" will most likely refer others to our facility.
What this means - This graph reflects the percent of patients and families who had a visit to the Herma Heart Center and responded "excellent" or "very good" to the survey question, "How would you rate the overall quality of care you received at this visit?" The response options are: excellent, very good, good, fair and poor.
About the data - Children's Hospital of Wisconsin uses a third-party vendor to survey patients and families and obtain feedback about their overall experience. Children's Hospital uses the feedback from this survey to direct changes that will improve the patient and family experience.
Related dimensions of care:
What we're doing to provide the best care:
- We encourage partnerships with open, ongoing communication between family members and health care providers. Our Family Advisory Committee is made up of parents and hospital staff to improve communication, quality of care and hospital amenities.
- We regularly survey our patients and encourage them to share their opinions and suggestions.
- We review and implement changes based on patient satisfaction feedback.
- We offer many outreach clinics and surgical sites to reduce the number of trips many families need to make to our Milwaukee hospital location. Our specialists travel to or are located in several cities throughout Wisconsin and in Crystal Lake, Illinois to provide care closer to where our patients live. In addition to the main location in Milwaukee, other clinic locations in Wisconsin are located in New Berlin, Racine, Kenosha, Fond du Lac, Green Bay, and Neenah. We also have an additional surgical location at Froedtert Hospital in Milwaukee as well.
- We have expanded diagnostic and clinic space for better organization and improved efficiency.
- We expanded clinic hours including offering an evening clinic for the adult congenital heart disease patients.
- We offer the Family Accommodations Program to help make travel arrangements and coordinate appointments for families traveling to our center from a long distance.
Patients and families:
- If you are a Herma Heart Center patient, you may receive a patient satisfaction survey. Please share your experience with us. Let us know what is important to you and any suggestions you have for improvement.
- Fill out and fax a referral form prior to sending the patient to Children's Hospital for outpatient ancillary services or a specialty clinic visit.
- Forward any pertinent patient documentation, including test results, to the specialty physician's office prior to the patient's visit.
- Referring physicians can access our specialists for consultation or transport 24 hours a day. Call our physician referral line at (800) 266-0366.
- Health care providers from outside of our southeastern Wisconsin service area are encouraged to use our web-based
e-Consult service. This service is available for non-urgent patient cases only and gives providers access to our specialists to review patient cases, obtain medical advice or second opinions, and receive care recommendations for rare symptoms and illnesses.
e-Consult is not to be used by the general public, parents/guardians or families.
- Care guidelines for medical professionals
- Educational materials
- Pocket Directory
If you have questions about this information, email us or call (414) 266-6556.