Quality and Outcomes Reports - Herma Heart Center
Patient and Family Experience
Why we measure it - It's important that we understand how we are doing, so we ask our patients and families to tell us about their care experiences. Our goal is for everyone to have the best clinic experience possible. We ask patients and families to rate their clinic experience on a scale from 0 to 10 where 0 is the worst clinic experience and 10 is the best clinic experience. We only use the responses 9 and 10 to track our progress. We know that patients and families who rate their care at a 9 or 10 will most likely refer others to us.
What this means - This graph shows the percent of patients and families who gave a 9 or 10 rating in response to the survey question,"Using a number from 0 to 10, where 0 is the worst clinic experience possible and 10 is the best clinic experience possible, what number would you use to rate this clinic during your child's stay?"
About the data - Children's Hospital of Wisconsin in Milwaukee uses a third-party vendor to survey patients and families and obtain feedback about their overall experience. Children's Hospital uses the feedback from this survey to direct changes that will improve the patient and family experience.
What we're doing to provide the best care:
- At Children's Hospital, our focus is on family-centered care. We want our family members and health care providers to work together as partners. Our Family Advisory Committee is made up of parents and hospital staff who work together to improve communication, quality of care and hospital services for families.
- We value patient and family feedback. Our staff members are constantly updating our current practices and implementing new ideas to ensure greater patient safety and a more pleasant overall experience.
- We offer many outreach clinics and surgical sites to reduce the number of trips families need to make to our Milwaukee hospital location. Our specialists travel to or are located in several cities throughout Wisconsin and in Crystal Lake, Illinois to provide care closer to where our patients live. In addition to the main location in Milwaukee, we offer other clinics in Fond du Lac, Kenosha, New Berlin, Neenah and Waukesha. We also have an additional surgical location at Froedtert Hospital in Milwaukee as well.
- We have expanded diagnostic and clinic space for better organization and improved efficiency.
- We expanded clinic hours including offering an evening clinic for the adult congenital heart disease patients.
Patients and families:
- If you are a Herma Heart Center patient, you may receive a patient satisfaction survey. Please share your experience with us. Let us know what is important to you and any suggestions you have for improvement.
- Referring physicians can access our specialists for consultation or transport 24 hours a day. Call our physician referral line at (800) 266-0366.
- Health care providers from outside of our southeastern Wisconsin service area are encouraged to use our web-based
e-Consult service. This service is available for non-urgent patient cases only and gives providers access to our specialists to review patient cases, obtain medical advice or second opinions, and receive care recommendations for rare symptoms and illnesses.
e-Consult is not to be used by the general public, parents/guardians or families.
- Care guidelines for medical professionals
- Educational materials
- Pocket Directory
If you have questions about this Web page, email us or call (414) 266-6556.