e-Consult is a web-based electronic consultation service for health care providers. It is designed to offer a coordinated multidisciplinary case review, advisory opinion and recommendation of care for rare symptoms and illnesses. This program is not intended for common, simple conditions. This service is not intended to be used by patients, parents/guardians or families.
This service is for nonurgent patient consultations. If you have an urgent need, please either call your local emergency department or the Children's Hospital of Wisconsin Physician Referral and Consultation Center at (800) 266-0366.
Who is e-Consult intended for?
- Health care providers outside of the local service area for Children's Hospital of Wisconsin.
- Providers from southeastern Wisconsin, Fox Valley, Green Bay and northern Illinois SHOULD NOT use this service. If you are a provider from these areas, please call the Physician Referral and Consultation Center at (800) 266-0366.
- e-Consult is not intended to be used by the general public, parents/guardians or families. If you are a parent/guardian or family member and would like your child's condition reviewed, please have your child's primary care physician or specialists submit the e-Consult form. Questions should be directed to (414) 266-3456 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pediatric specialists at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin developed the e-Consult program to:
- Address the shortage of pediatric specialty health care professionals in rural areas.
- Reduce barriers to care caused by distance and limitation on transportation.
- Reduce the likelihood that a patient would otherwise delay or forego care.
- Increase access to educational materials and services.
- Increase opportunity for physicians to collaborate with pediatric specialists that they may not otherwise have access to.
- Help control health care costs while enabling health care professionals to provide quality, up-do-date services to their patients.
To learn more about the e-Consult process click here.
To access Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) click here.
The service provided through the e-Consult service is different from the diagnostic services typically provided by a physician. The Children's Specialty Group physicians providing this service will not have the benefit of information that would be obtained by examining the patient, obtaining their own history and observing the patient's physical condition. Therefore, the physician may not be aware of facts or information that would affect his or her opinion of the patient's diagnosis. By deciding to engage this service, you acknowledge and agree that you are aware of this limitation and agree to assume the risk of this limitation.
By requesting an e-Consult through this website, you acknowledge and agree that:
- The advisory opinion and/or recommendation is limited and provisional;
- The consultation is not intended to replace a full medical evaluation with a physician;
- The physician(s) performing the e-Consult does not have the benefit provided by a direct physical examination.
By engaging our services, you acknowledge and agree to solely assume the risk of these limitations, you further understand that no warranty or guarantee has been made concerning any particular advisory opinion, result or cure of the patient's condition.
Use of this service does not oblige the provider to refer to Children's Hospital of Wisconsin, Children's Specialty Group, The Medical College of Wisconsin or any affiliated providers.