Tips to minimize exposure to outdoor allergens
- Keep windows closed at night and use air conditioning, which cleans, cools and dries the air.
- Minimize outdoor activities early in the morning, between 5 a.m. and 10 a.m., when pollen is most prevalent.
- Keep car windows closed while driving.
- Minimize your time outdoors when the pollen count is high.
- Do not rake leaves or allow children to jump in piles of leaves if they are allergic to mold.
- Do not hang bedding or clothing outside to dry since that can trap the outdoor pollen.
- Change clothes after playing or working outside and shower before climbing into your bed. This will help keep pollen out of your house–especially the bedrooms.
Request an appointment
Click here schedule an appointment with the Asthma, Allergy and Clinical Immunology Center at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin.