Project Ujima: Youth Development and Family Enrichment Activities
Project Ujima works to build community within the program by providing strategies to help overcome an experience with violence. These services are provided to support the children and their families to build relationships with others who have had similar experiences and understand the challenges of being victims of violence.
Project Ujima provides opportunities for youth to engage in programs that develop prevention and intervention strategies and support youth who are recovering from injury. Project Ujima aims to build:
- Safety planning
- Coping strategies
- Peer to peer support to prevent isolation
- Prevention of re-injury
Programs that Project Ujima offers include:
- Male and female youth mentoring groups
- Support groups for adults and children
- Day camp during the summer months
- Annual three day overnight camping experience with horseback riding, team building and water sports
- Family enrichment activities and events
Programs and services offered through Project Ujima help families heal from their experience with violence.