Quality and Outcomes Reports - Herma Heart Center
Electrophysiology and Pacemaker Clinic Volume
Why we measure it - Children's Hospital of Wisconsin in Milwaukee offers a unique Electrophysiology and Pacemaker Clinic to provide specialized care for children with heart rhythm problems. Our specialists saw over 400 patients in 2012.
Some electrophysiology studies are done to diagnose heart rhythm (arrhythmias) problems. Other studies are done to reach the heart in order to treat or correct a specific condition. Treatments range from lifestyle changes, medication, cardioversions, and catheter ablations to surgical procedures, after all other treatment options have been exhausted.
About the data - This graph reflects the number of patient visits to the Electrophysiology and Pacemaker Clinic from 2009 through 2012.
Related dimensions of care:
What we're doing to provide the best care:
- We coordinate care with many other clinics within the hospital. We also treat adults seen in our Adult Congenital Heart Disease clinic.
- We offer many outreach facilities and surgical sites to reduce the number of trips families need to make to our Milwaukee hospital location. Our specialists travel to or are located in several cities throughout Wisconsin and in Crystal Lake, Illinois to provide care close to home. In addition to the main location in Milwaukee, we offer other clinics in Fond du Lac, Kenosha, New Berlin, Neenah and Waukesha. We also perform some surgeries if needed at Froedtert Hospital in Milwaukee as well.
- Families traveling from long distances are encouraged to use our Family Accommodations Program to make travel arrangements and schedule appointments. Children's Hospital has partnered with non-profit organizations like Ronald McDonald House and Kathy's House to offer comfortable, "home away from home" accommodations. Local hotel chains on our referral list also offer discounts for families.
Patients and families:
- If you need to schedule or reschedule an appointment, please call Central Scheduling at (877) 607-5280 or (414) 607-5280 as soon as possible.
- Arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment so we can gather needed information from you before you see the doctor.
- Check with your insurance provider before your visit to see if a referral is needed to see a specialist at Children's Hospital.
- Bring the name, address, phone and fax numbers of your primary care and/or referring doctor so we can update them appropriately on your care.
- Bring a full list of the medications your child is taking including over-the-counter medicines such as vitamins and supplements.
- Referring physicians can access our specialists for consultation or transport 24 hours a day. Call our physician referral line at (800) 266-0366.
- Health care providers from outside of our southeastern Wisconsin service area are encouraged to use our web-based e-Consult service. This service is available for non-urgent patient cases only and gives providers access to our specialists to review patient cases, obtain medical advice or second opinions, and receive care recommendations for rare symptoms and illnesses. e-Consult is not to be used by the general public, parents/guardians or families.
- Care guidelines for medical professionals
- Educational materials
- Pocket Directory
If you have questions about this Web page, email us or call (414) 266-6556.