Racine County Home Visiting Network
Racine County Home Visiting Network is an evidence-based home visitation program that uses Healthy Families America model and Parents As Teachers curriculum. Funded by Wisconsin Department of Children and Families, the program is a partnership between Children's Hospital of Wisconsin Community Services, Racine County Human Services Department, Central Racine County Health Department and a consortium of Racine County home visiting providers.
Who can use the program?
- Expectant and new parents, prenatally through age 5 (enrollment occurs prenatally through birth).
- Participation is voluntary and free.
- Available to Racine County residents.
What are the program goals?
- Reduce poor birth outcomes, including premature births, low birth weights and infant mortality.
- Promote child safety, health and development.
- Improve maternal health and reduce domestic violence.
- Reduce child injuries, abuse, neglect and maltreatment.
- Reduce emergency room visits for mothers and children.
- Improve family functioning and economic self-sufficiency.
- Improve service coordination with and referral to other community resources and supports.
- Advance the use of evidence-based home visiting approaches in the community.
What are the program components?
- Outreach, screening and referral to home visiting and/or other services.
- Intake enrollment prenatally through birth, with a focus on early prenatal engagement.
- Home visitation weekly, bi-weekly or monthly, provided by home visitors with a social service training or a nurse degree.
- Prenatal care coordination and case management services that utilize screenings, assessments, goal-setting, health education and resource referrals.
- Strength-based services that support parent child relationships, enhance parental self-sufficiency, address risk factors, reduce stressors, enhance parenting skills and promote effective problem-solving and crisis mangement.
- Health education services that focus on prenatal care, prenatal warning signs, newborn and infant care, immunizations, safe sleep practices, growth and development, child and family health, home safety and pregnancy prevention.
- Parents As Teachers (PAT) curriculum.
- Healthy Families America (HFA) model.
How do I make a referral?
Fax the referral form to us at (262) 633-2619
Call us at (262) 633-3591
A collaboration of the State of Wisconsin Department of Chidren and Families, Racine County Human Services Department, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin-Community Services, and Central Racine County Health Department.
A partner of the Greater Racine Collaborative for Heathly Birth Outcomes under the Wisconsin Partnership's Lifecourse Initiative for Healthy Families grant.