Quality and Outcomes - Sports Medicine
Patient and Family Experience
Why we measure it - Our priority at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin is to provide an enjoyable and comfortable care experience. At the end of each appointment, we ask patients and their families to fill out a short survey to give us their feedback. We know that patients and families who leave our clinic satisfied will most likely recommend our care to others.
What this means - These data show the percentage of patients and families who rated their experience "excellent" or "very good" with our Sports Medicine Program.
About the data - Our sports medicine specialists created their own survey for patients and families to get feedback about their overall experience. Children's Hospital uses this feedback to create change and improve processes.
Patient and Family Experience is a new measure that the Sports Medicine Clinic is tracking. The baseline tracks the"excellent" and "very good" responses chosen on the survey. These baseline results will be compared with new survey results in the future.
Related dimensions of care:
What we're doing to provide the best care:
"Entire staff was friendly and professional. Keep up the good work!" "Dr. Lyon played a significant role in developing my son into the man he is today. He never would have made it through all of the physical training in the U.S. Marine Corps if his ankle wasn't propertly fixed." "Dr. Van Valin is an excellent orthopedic doctor. He treated my son and daughter with the same care he would treat his own children."
"Dr. Walter was actually recommended to us by two different people and we will be recommending him as well!"
"Entire staff was friendly and professional. Keep up the good work!"
"Dr. Lyon played a significant role in developing my son into the man he is today. He never would have made it through all of the physical training in the U.S. Marine Corps if his ankle wasn't propertly fixed."
"Dr. Van Valin is an excellent orthopedic doctor. He treated my son and daughter with the same care he would treat his own children."
- We want to make sure our patients are seen at their scheduled appointment time. We used patient feedback and Lean principles, techniques used to improve process flow, to design our clinic, decrease wait times and run our clinics more efficiently.
Patients and families:
- Talk to an expert by calling our Sports Line at (414) 604-7512. Licensed athletic trainers and nurses answer our Sports Line from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Messages can be left at any time and we will return your call promptly.
- To schedule or reschedule an appointment with our sports medicine specialists, call Central Scheduling at (877) 607-5280 or (414) 607-5280.
- Take a virtual tour of the hospital before scheduling a first appointment.
- Call your insurance company before your visit. You may need a referral to see our specialists.
- Come 15 minutes before your child's appointment so we can gather necessary information from you before your child sees the doctor.
- Bring a list of questions to your child's appointment. We are happy to answer any questions or concerns you have during the visit.
- Bring a full list of your child's medicines. Be sure to include over-the-counter medicines like vitamins and supplements.
- Referring physicians can access our specialists for consultation or transport 24 hours a day. Call our physician referral line at (800) 266-0366.
- Forward any test results or X-rays to the specialty physician's office before the patient's visit.
- Health care providers from outside of our southeastern Wisconsin service area are encouraged to use our web-based
e-Consult service. This service is available for non-urgent patient cases only and gives providers access to our specialists to review patient cases, obtain medical advice or second opinions, and receive care recommendations for rare symptoms and illnesses.
e-Consult is not to be used by the general public, parents/guardians or families.
- Care guidelines for medical professionals
- Educational materials
- Pocket Directory
If you have questions about this Web page, email us or call (414) 266-6556.