Quality and Outcomes - Sports Medicine
Time to Next Appointment Physical/Occupational Therapy - Children's Hospital of Wisconsin specialty clinic in Greenfield
Why we measure it - Scheduling first-time appointments with a new specialist can sometimes take a while. We want our new patients to be able to make appointments to see our physical and occupational therapists within 14 days or less. Patients with urgent health problems are seen immediately.
What this means - We calculate our time to next appointment data by looking at the third next available appointment for new patients. Tracking the third next available appointment gives us a better look at how long on average it takes to make a first appointment. Clinics across the country use this rule to collect their data. We are currently meeting our goal of scheduling appointments within 14 days or less.
About the data - These data show a measure that is an industry standard and identify the number of days to schedule a new, nonurgent appointment.
Related dimensions of care:
What we're doing to provide the best care:
- Our physical and occupational therapists are licensed health care professionals with advanced training in fitness and conditioning. They have the right kind of expertise to work with kids and teens to help them recover from injuries and improve their overall functioning.
- Children's Hospital of Wisconsin specialty clinic in Greenfield Wis. includes a state-of-the-art rehabilitation gym. We offer a variety of high-tech equipment options to help meet each athlete's unique need.
- This clinic is conveniently located and offers patients and families' easier parking options and reduces the number of trips to our hospital location.
- We want to make sure our patients are seen at their scheduled appointment time. We used patient feedback and Lean principles, techniques used to improve process flow, to design our clinic, decrease wait times and run our clinics more efficiently.
Patients and families:
- Talk to an expert by calling our Sports Line at (414) 604-7512. Licensed athletic trainers and nurses answer our Sports Line from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Messages can be left at any time and we will return your call promptly.
- To schedule or reschedule an appointment with our sports medicine specialists, call Central Scheduling at (877) 607-5280 or (414) 607-5280.
- Take a virtual tour of the hospital before scheduling a first appointment.
- Call your insurance company before your visit. You may need a referral to see our specialists.
- Come 15 minutes before your child's appointment so we can gather necessary information from you before your child sees the doctor.
- Bring a list of questions to your child's appointment. We are happy to answer any questions or concerns you have during the visit.
- Bring a full list of your child's medicines. Be sure to include over-the-counter medicines like vitamins and supplements.
- Referring physicians can access our specialists for consultation or transport 24 hours a day. Call our physician referral line at (800) 266-0366.
- Forward any test results or X-rays to the specialty physician's office before the patient's visit.
- Health care providers from outside of our southeastern Wisconsin service area are encouraged to use our web-based
e-Consult service. This service is available for non-urgent patient cases only and gives providers access to our specialists to review patient cases, obtain medical advice or second opinions, and receive care recommendations for rare symptoms and illnesses.
e-Consult is not to be used by the general public, parents/guardians or families.
- Care guidelines for medical professionals
- Educational materials
- Pocket Directory
If you have questions about this Web page, email us or call (414) 266-6556.