Quality and Outcomes - Sports Medicine
Time to Next Appointment - Children's Hospital of Wisconsin specialty clinic in Greenfield
Why we measure it - Scheduling first-time appointments with a new specialist can sometimes take a while. We want our new patients to be able to make appointments to see our sports medicine specialists within 14 days or less. Patients with urgent health problems are seen immediately.
What this means - We calculate our time to next appointment data by looking at the third next available appointment for new patients. Tracking the third next available appointment gives us a better look at how long on average it takes to make a first appointment. Clinics across the country use this rule to collect their data.
In summer, it may take longer than 14 days to schedule a first appointment with our sports medicine specialists. Many kids are active in summer sports and get injured. The number of elective surgeries scheduled during the summer are also higher.
About the data - These data show the number of days to schedule a new, nonurgent appointment.
Related dimensions of care:
What we're doing to provide the best care:
- We want to make sure our patients are seen at their scheduled appointment time. We used patient feedback and Lean principles, techniques used to improve process flow, to design our clinic, decrease wait times and run our clinics more efficiently.
- Children's Hospital of Wisconsin specialty clinic in Greenfield, Wis. includes a state-of-the-art rehabilitation gym. We offer a variety of high-tech equipment options to help meet each athlete's unique need.
- This clinic is conveniently located and offers patients and families easier parking options and reduces the number of trips to our hospital location.
Patients and families:
- Talk to an expert by calling our Sports Line at (414) 604-7512. Licensed athletic trainers and nurses answer our Sports Line from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Messages can be left at any time and we will return your call promptly.
- To schedule or reschedule an appointment with our sports medicine specialists, call Central Scheduling at (877) 607-5280 or (414) 607-5280.
- Take a virtual tour of the hospital before scheduling a first appointment.
- Call your insurance company before your visit. You may need a referral to see our specialists.
- Come 15 minutes before your child's appointment so we can gather necessary information from you before your child sees the doctor.
- Bring a list of questions to your child's appointment. We are happy to answer any questions or concerns you have during the visit.
- Bring a full list of your child's medicines. Be sure to include over-the-counter medicines like vitamins and supplements.
- Referring physicians can access our specialists for consultation or transport 24 hours a day. Call our physician referral line at (800) 266-0366.
- Forward any test results or X-rays to the specialty physician's office before the patient's visit.
- Health care providers from outside of our southeastern Wisconsin service area are encouraged to use our web-based
e-Consult service. This service is available for non-urgent patient cases only and gives providers access to our specialists to review patient cases, obtain medical advice or second opinions, and receive care recommendations for rare symptoms and illnesses.
e-Consult is not to be used by the general public, parents/guardians or families.
- Care guidelines for medical professionals
- Educational materials
- Pocket Directory
If you have questions about this Web page, email us or call (414) 266-6556.