John Kryger, MD
Return to Our Specialists page.
- Pediatric Urology.
- Reconstructive Surgery.
- American Board of Urology-Urology.
- American Board of Urology-Pediatric Urology
- Medical degree: University of Wisconsin-Madison School of Medicine and Public Health, 1988 - 1992.
- Residency: University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics in Madison, Wis., Urology, 1992 - 1997.
- Fellowship: Children's Hospital of Michigan in Detroit, Pediatric Urology, 1997 - 1999.
- Physician and Leadership Development Program, American Family Children's Hospital in Madison, Wis., 2008-2009.
- Chief, Division of Urology, Medical College of Wisconsin, 2012-present.
- Medical director, Pediatric Urology, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin, 2012-present.
- Associate professor of Urology, Medical College of Wisconsin, 2012-present.
- Director of Pediatric Urology, American Family Children's Hospital in Madison, Wis., 1999-2011.
- Residency Program director, Dept. of Urology, University of Wisconsin Hospitals and Clinics in Madison, 2007-2011.
- Associate professor of Urology, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, Wis., 2007-2011.
- Assistant professor of Urology, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, Wis., 1999-2007.
- American Academy of Pediatrics (fellow).
- The Society for Pediatric Urology (fellow).
- Society for Fetal Urology (president-elect).
- Wisconsin Urological Society (secretary/treasurer, past president).
- Wisconsin Medical Alumni Association (past president, board of directors).
- American Urological Association.
- North Central Section of AUA (Wisconsin representative, board of directors).
- European Society for Pediatric Urology (member).
- Society for University Chairpersons and Program Directors (member).
Clinical interests include:
- Surgical management of ambiguous genitalia, hypospadias and other genital birth defects.
- Reconstructive surgery for neurologic bladder and bowel disorders, bladder exstrophy and prune belly syndrome.
- Minimally invasive laparoscopic and robotic surgery.
- Pediatric kidney stones.
- Kidney tumors.
- Fetal urinary tract disorders.
- Urinary tract infections and complex incontinence.
Research interests include:
- The impact of environmental toxins on reproductive tract development.
- Cause and effects of urinary tract infections in patients with neurologic bladder disorders.
- Opportunities for change and improvement in medical teaching and training.