John A. Corbett, PhD
Chairman and professor, Biochemistry, Medical College of Wisconsin.
Function and survival of Pancreatic beta cells in Type 1 and 2 diabetes.
Doctorate, Utah State University, Logan, UT, 1990.
Greenwood Award (top Biochemistry Graduate Student, Utah State University), 1990; Individual National Research Service Award (NIH Postdoctoral Fellowship), 1994; Juvenile Diabetes Foundation Career Development Award, 1999; Scientific Advisory Board: International Conference on Nitric Oxide, 2000, 2002, 2004; Nancy R. and Eugene C. Gwaltney Family Endowed Chair in Juvenile Diabetes Research, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 2007.
- Freudenburg-deGraaf, Moran JM, Lents NH, Baldassare JJ, Buller RML, and Corbett JA. Phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase Regulates the Proinflammatory Response of Macrophages to Double Stranded RNA and Encephalomyocarditis Virus. J Innate Immunity. 2010; 2:77-86.
- Meares GP, Hughes KJ, Jaimes KF, Salvatori AS, Rhodes CJ and Corbett JA. IL-1 Induces Nitric Oxide Dependent Activitation of AMPK to Drive an Anti-Apoptotic Recovery Response in B-cells. J. Biol. Chem. 2010; 285:3191-200.
- Freudenburg W, Buller RML, and Corbett JA. Src Family Kinase Participates in the Regulation of Encephalomyocarditis Virus-Induced Cyclooxygenase-2 Expression by Macrophages. J. Gen. Virol. 2010; 91:2278-2285.
- Heyduk E, Moxley MM, Salvatori A, Corbett JA and Heyduk T. Homogenous Insulin and C-Peptide Sensors for Rapid Assessment of Islet Function. Diabetes. 2010; 10:2360-65.
- Lim J-D, Sergey V, Antipenko SV, Anderson JM, Stephen BR, Bryant SMJ, Yancey BD, Hughes KJ, Cui W, Thompson JA, Corbett JA and Jun, H-W. Enhanced Rat Islet Function and Survival in Vitro a Biomimetic Self-assembled Nanomatrix Gel. Tissue Eng Part A. (In press).
- Hughes KJ, Meares G and Corbett JA. FoxO1 and SIRT1 Regulate B-cell Responses to Nitric Oxide. J. Biol. Chem. (In press).
- Biochemical Mechanism of ®-cell Destruction, National Institutes of Health, NIH, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive Kidney Disease, NIDDK, principal investigator.
- Mechanisms of Viral-induced ®-cell Damage, National Institutes of Health, NIH, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, NIAID, principal investigator.
Medical College of Wisconsin
Department of Biochemistry
8701 Watertown Plank Road
Milwaukee, WI 53226
Phone: (414) 955-8768
Fax: (414) 955-6510