Hospitalized children have special health needs, so we must be extra careful with the types of gifts we can accept. For example, dust, smells (such as cigarette smoke and perfume) and animal hair can be harmful to kids who already are sick.
What we can take
- New, unused items in original packaging that have been purchased within the last three months.
- New and gently used books.
- New, unused handmade items (caps, quilts, booties, etc.).
- Batteries (especially appreciated if the toy you are donating requires a battery).
- New gift bags (but please don't wrap gifts).
What we can't take
- Used toys.
- New stuffed toys more than 18 inches tall.
- Stuffed toys from vending machines.
- Food (including gingerbread houses) and candy.
- Latex balloons and anything containing latex.
- Sports cards.
- Toys with violent themes or that are insensitive to a culturally diverse population.
Do you have items to donate that don't fit our guidelines? Please consider one of these local community groups that may be able to accept your gift.