Sanjay Kansra, MD
Investigator, Children's Research Institute, assistant professor, Pediatrics, The Medical College of Wisconsin.
Max McGee National Research Center for Juvenile Diabetes
Pancreatic beta cell death, cell proliferation and cell death.
Doctorate, University of Missouri-Columbia, Columbia MO, 1995.
NRSA Postdoctoral Fellowship (Institutional), University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, 1999; Young Investigators Award for the 1999 AACR Annual meeting, 1999; Travel Fellowship for Excellence in Research, Office of the Graduate Dean of the University of Missouri-Columbia, 1995; Graduate Research Fellowship, University of Missouri - Columbia, 1990.
- Kaldunski M, Jia S, Geoffrey R, Basken J, Prosser S, Kansra S, Mordes JP, Lernmark A, Wang S, Hessner MJ. Identification of a Serum-induced Transcriptional Signature Associated with Type 1 Diabetes in the BioBreeding rat. Diabetes. 2010 Oct.; 59(10):2375-85.
- Bangaru MLY, Woodliff J, Raff H and Kansra S. Growth Suppression of Mouse Pituitary Corticotroph Tumor AtT20 cells by Curcumin: A Model for Treating Cushing's Disease. PLoS One. 2010 Apr.; 13;5(4):e9893..
- Kansra S, Chen S, Bangaru MLY, Sneade L, Dunckley JA and Ben-Jonathan N. Selective Estrogen Receptor Down-regulator and Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulators Differentially Regulate Lactotroph Proliferation. PLoS One. 2010 Apr. 19; 5(4):e10060.
- Bangaru MLY, Chen S, Woodliff J and Kansra S. Curcumin (diferuloymethane) Induces Apoptosis and Blocks Migration of Human Medulloblastoma Cells. Anticancer Research. 2010 Feb.; 30(2):499-504.
- Chen S, Bangaru MLY, Sneade L, Dunckley JA, Gen-Jonathan N. and Kansra S. Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Cross-talks with Ligand Occupied Estrogen Receptor to Modulate Both Lactotroph Proliferation and Prolactin Gene Expression. American Journal of Physiology Endocrinology & Metabolism. 2009 Aug., 297(2):E331-9. PMID: 19470835.
- Ben-Jonathan N, Chen S, Dunckley J, LaPensee C and Kansra S. Estrogen Receptor Mediates Epidermal Growth Factor Induced Prolactin Release in Lactotrophs. Endocrinology. 2009 Feb.;150(2):795-802. PMID: 18832099.
- Advancing Healthier Wisconsin Grant, Development of Selective Estrogen Receptor Down-regulators as Novel Therapeutics in the Treatment of Prolactinomas, principal investigator.
- American Cancer Societry Pilot Grant, Regulation of Lactotroph Proliferation by Estrogen Receptor Mediated Non-genomic Signaling, principal investigator.
- American Cancer Society Pilot Grant, Regulation of Lactotroph Proliferation by Estrogen Receptor: Role of Non-genomic Signaling and Cross Talk with ErbB1, principal investigator.
Medical College of Wisconsin
8701 Watertown Plank Road
Max McGee Center, HRC 5860
Milwaukee, WI 53226
Phone: (414) 456-4906
Fax: (414) 456-6516
Investigator in the areas of: