Quality and Outcomes Reports - Imaging (Radiology)
Referring physician satisfaction
Why we measure it - Many of our patients come from referring doctors outside of our area. The service and quality we provide to our referring physicians is very important to us. We want to make sure we're providing the best care options that meet their needs. Urgent and emergency patients are always seen immediately.
What this means - Referring physicians responded positively about the timeliness of communication and availability of appointments. Future areas of improvement include the expertise of the clinical team and value of information provided.
About the data - In 2010, a third-party vendor conducted a survey of physicians who regularly refer patients to Children's Hospital of Wisconsin and provided this feedback. Surveys are conducted every two years. Due to the implementation of EPIC in the fall of 2012, referring physician surveys were not done in 2012. Our next survey will be conducted in 2014.
Related dimensions of care:
What we're doing to provide the best care:
- We welcome and value feedback from our referring physicians. We use their opinions and suggestions to review and make changes in the way we care for our patients and families.
- Children's Hospital administrative leaders meet with our Community Physician Advisory Group every quarter. The Community Physician Advisory Group is a committee of 12-15 referring physicians who provide insight, feedback and make recommendations to help our organization grow and work more effectively.
- When test results are ready, the doctor who ordered the test is contacted directly to discuss appropriate treatment options. Our radiologists also coordinate care with other pediatric specialty groups as needed.
- We communicate quickly and directly with our referring physicians to discuss high-risk, complex patient cases.
- Our specialists work on multidisciplinary teams that provide support to nearly every pediatric specialty within the hospital.
Patients and families:
- To schedule an appointment with our imaging department, please call Central Scheduling at (877) 607-5280 or (414) 607-5280. To schedule an appointment with interventional radiology, please call (414) 266-3152.
- Follow instructions very carefully before and after imaging tests for your child's safety and comfort.
- If you receive a satisfaction survey, please share your experience with us. Let us know what is important to you and any suggestions you have for improvement.
- Contact the physician liaison in your area to provide feedback:
- Referring physicians can access our specialists for consultation or transport 24 hours a day. Call our physician referral line at (800) 266-0366.
- Health care providers from outside of our southeastern Wisconsin service area are encouraged to use our web-based
e-Consult service. This service is available for non-urgent patient cases only and gives providers access to our specialists to review patient cases, obtain medical advice or second opinions, and receive care recommendations for rare symptoms and illnesses.
e-Consult is not to be used by the general public, parents/guardians or families.
- Care guidelines for medical professionals
- Educational materials
- Pocket Directory
If you have questions about this Web page, email us or call (414) 266-6556.