Quality and Outcomes Reports - Imaging (Radiology)
Patient and family experience
Why we measure it - It's important that we understand how we are doing, so we ask our patients and families to tell us about their care experiences. Our goal is for everyone to have the best clinic experience possible. We ask patients and families to rate our clinic on a scale from 0 to 10 where 0 is the worst clinic and 10 is the best clinic. We only use the responses 9 and 10 to track our progress. We know that patients and families who rate our clinic at a 9 or 10 will most likely refer others to us.
What this means - This graph shows the percent of patients and families who had a visit to the imaging clinic and gave a 9 or 10 rating in response to the survey question, "Using a number from 0 to 10, where 0 is the worst clinic possible and 10 is the best clinic possible, what number would you use to rate this clinic during your child's stay?"
What we're doing to provide the best care:
- At Children's Hospital, our focus is on family-centered care. We want our family members and health care providers to work together as partners. Our Family Advisory Committee is made up of parents and hospital staff who work together to improve communication, quality of care and hospital services for families.
- We follow every appointment visit with a thank-you card signed by the team members who helped your child. This card can be saved and used as a reference for parents who have questions about their child's care.
- Our specialists also treat patients at our Children's Hospital of Wisconsin Greenway Clinic and Children's Hospital of Wisconsin New Berlin Clinic. This may help to reduce the number of trips that need to be made to our Milwaukee hospital location.
Patients and families:
- To schedule an appointment with our imaging department, please call Central Scheduling at (877) 607-5280 or (414) 607-5280. To schedule an appointment with interventional radiology, please call (414) 266-3152.
- Follow instructions very carefully before and after imaging tests for your child's safety and comfort.
- Referring physicians can access our specialists for consultation or transport 24 hours a day. Call our physician referral line at (800) 266-0366.
- Health care providers from outside of our southeastern Wisconsin service area are encouraged to use our web-based
e-Consult service. This service is available for non-urgent patient cases only and gives providers access to our specialists to review patient cases, obtain medical advice or second opinions, and receive care recommendations for rare symptoms and illnesses.
e-Consult is not to be used by the general public, parents/guardians or families.
- Care guidelines for medical professionals
- Educational materials
- Pocket Directory
If you have questions about this Web page, email us or call (414) 266-6556.