Julie-An Marie Talano, MD
Investigator, Children's Research Institute; assistant professor, Pediatrics, the Medical College of Wisconsin.
Alternative donor blood and marrow transplantation, hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis, blood and marrow transplantation for leukemias
Medical degree, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, 1995; Pediatric residency, Children's Memorial Hospital, Chicago, 1998; fellowship, Pediatric Hematology, Oncology, BMT, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, 2004.
Board certified in Pediatrics Hematology/Oncology, 2004; Board certified in General Pediatrics, 1998; licensed physician Illinois, 1997; Wisconsin, 1999.
National Marrow Donor Program 19th Annual Council meeting award for Best Abstract, 2006; American Association of Cancer Research/American Society of Clinical Oncology Workshop on Methods in Clinical Cancer Research, 2002; Children's Hospital of Wisconsin Research Day, first place Fellow Clinical Research Award, 2002; DuPage Medical Society Foundation Scholarship, awarded in recognition of demonstrated academic achievement and dedication to a career in medicine, 1994; National Institutes of Health Fellowship, National Cancer Institute Student Research Program, 1992; Georgetown University George Chapman Medal, awarded for most outstanding Senior Thesis in Biological Sciences, 1991.
- Anderson L, Margolis D, Gregg D, Casper J, Talano J. Focal Nodular Hyperplasia in Pediatric Allogenic Hematopoietic Cell Transplant Case Series. Bone Marrow Transplant. Epub 2010.
- Filicko-O'Hara J, Grosso D, Flomenberg PR, Friedman TM, Brunner J, Drobyski W, Ferber A, Kakhniashvili I, Keever-Taylor C, Mookerjee B, Talano JA, Wagner JI, Korngold R, Flomenberg N. Antiviral responses following L-leucyl-L-leucine methyl esther (LLME)-treated lymphocyte infusions: graft-versus-infection without graft-versus-host disease. Biology Blood Marrow Transplant. 2009; (12):1609-19.
- Talano JM, Casper J, Margolis D. Hematopoietic Cell Transplant for Childhood Acute Myeloid Leukemia. In: Appelbaum F, Forman S, Negrin R, Blume K, eds. Thomas' Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation, 4th edition. Massachusetts: Blackwell Publishing, 2009.
- Zidan H, Lo S, Wiebe D, Talano J, Alemzadeh R. Severe Hypercholesterolemia Mediated by Lipoprotein X in a Pediatric Patient with Chronic Graft Versus Host Disease of the Liver. Pediatric Blood and Cancer. 2008; 50(6):1280-1.
- Conlon JD, Dauenhauer M, Tonkovic-Capin V, Talano J, Margolis D, Drolet BA, Fairley JA. Voriconizole-induced Blistering in the Setting of Graft Versus Host Disease: A Report of 2 Patients. Journal American Academy Dermatology. 2008; 58(3):484-7.
- Cohen EP, Irving AA, Drobyski WR, Klein JP, Passweg J, Talano JM, Juckett MB, Moulder JE. Captopril to Mitigate Chronic Renal Failure after Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation: a randomized controlled trial. Int Journal Radiation Oncology Biol Phys. 2008; 70(5):1546-51.
- Compassionate Use: Expanded Access of Prochymal Infusion for the Treatment of Patients Who Have Failed to Respond to Steroid Treatment for Acute GVHD, Osiris Therapeutics, Inc., principal investigator.
- A Dose Escalation Study of Clofarabine in Combination with Cytarabine and Total Body Irradiation Followed by Allogeneic Hematopoietic Progenitor Cell Transplantation in Children with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia in Third Complete Remission, Columbia University, principal investigator.
- Allogeneic Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation for Patients with Nonmalignant Inherited Disorders using a Treosulfan Based Preparative Regimen, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, principal investigator.
Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
8701 Watertown Plank Road
Milwaukee, WI 53226
Phone: (414) 456-4170
Fax: (414) 456-6543
Investigator in the areas of: