Quality and Outcomes Reports - Pulmonary and Sleep Medicine
Subspecialty Clinic Visit Volume
Why we measure it - We continue to develop subspecialty clinics to meet the needs of our diverse patients. Seeing similar patients on the same day helps organize the clinic and improve efficiency, which leads to lower wait times for patients.
What this means - Overall, more patients and families are choosing to receive their care at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin in Milwaukee Clinics.
About the data - These data reflect the number of patient visits in each clinic from 2009-2012.
Related dimensions of care:
What we're doing to provide the best care:
- Our physicians see children in the Pulmonary Clinic and Sleep Center at two locations: Children's Hospital of Wisconsin and Children's Hospital of Wisconsin New Berlin Clinic. This allows families to have a greater selection in clinic times and locations.
- All of our physicians are board certified or board eligible in pediatric pulmonary and/or sleep medicine, and some of our physicians are recognized by Best Doctors in America.
- The Sleep Center at Children's Hospital is the only sleep center in Wisconsin dedicated solely to the care of children and is one of only 25 centers accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine.
- The Cystic Fibrosis Clinic at Children's Hospital is accredited by the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation as a Center of Care, Teaching and Research.
- Our physician researchers in the Division of Pulmonary and Sleep Medicine at the Medical College of Wisconsin have government and industry-sponsored funding to conduct research to understand why some children have more severe breathing problems compared to other children, and to develop better treatments, enabling them to stay on the cutting edge of the latest therapies.
- We offer the Family Accommodations Program to help make travel arrangements and coordinate appointments for families traveling to our center from a long distance.
Patients and families:
- If you cannot keep a scheduled appointment, please call Central Scheduling at (877) 607-5280 or (414) 607-5280 as soon as possible to reschedule so another child can be seen.
- Arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment so we can gather needed information from you before you see the doctor.
- Check with your insurance provider before your visit to see if a referral is needed to see a specialist at Children's Hospital.
- Referring physicians can access our specialists for consultation or transport 24 hours a day. Call our physician referral line at (800) 266-0366.
- Health care providers from outside of our southeastern Wisconsin service area are encouraged to use our web-based
e-Consult service. This service is available for non-urgent patient cases only and gives providers access to our specialists to review patient cases, obtain medical advice or second opinions, and receive care recommendations for rare symptoms and illnesses.
e-Consult is not to be used by the general public, parents/guardians or families.
- Care guidelines for medical professionals
- Educational materials
- Pocket Directory
If you have questions about this information, email us or call (414) 266-6556.