Amanda Brandow, MD
Investigator, Children's Research Institute; assistant professor, Pediatrics, (Hematology/Oncology/BMT), the Medical College of Wisconsin.
Sickle cell disease, hydroxyurea utilization in sickle cell disease, pain evaluation and management.
Medical degree, Midwestern University/Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine; Chicago, 2001; Master of Science, Epidemiology, the Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, 2008; residency, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, 2004; fellowship, the Medical College, 2008.
Pediatrics and Pediatric Hematology/Oncology.
Pediatric Fellow Clinical Research Award, lst place, the Medical College, 2008.
- Kam J, Panepinto JA, Brandow AM, Brousseau DC. Parental Perception of Hospital Care for Children with Sickle Cell Disease. Wisconsin Medical Journal. 2008; 107(3):131-135.
- Brandow AM, Brousseau DC, Panepinto JA. Post-discharge Pain, Functional Limitations and Caregiver Impact after Children with Sickle Cell Disease Seek Treatment for Vaso-occlusive Painful Events. British Journal of Haematology. 2009; 144(5):782-8.
- Brousseau DC, Mukonje T, Brandow AM, Nimmer M, Panepinto JA. Dissatisfaction with Hospital Care for Children with Sickle Cell Disease: Not Just Race and Chronic Disease. Pediatric Blood Cancer. 2009; 53(2):174-8.
- Brandow AM, Brousseau DC, Pajewski NM, Panepinto JA. Vaso-occlusive Painful Events in Sickle Cell Disease: Impact on Child Well-being. Pediatric Blood Cancer. 2009; 54(1):92-7.
- Brandow AM, Jirovec DL, Panepinto JA. Hydroxyurea in Children with Sickle Cell Disease: Practice Patterns and Barriers to Utilization. American Journal of Hematology. In press.
- Brandow AM, Panepinto JA. Hydroxyurea Use in Sickle Cell Disease: The Battle with Low Rates of Prescription, Poor Patient Compliance and Fears of Toxicities and Side Effects. Expert Review in Hematology. In press. 2010; invited editorial review.
- Utilization and Impact of Hydroxyurea in Children with SCD, National Institutes of Health Loan Repayment Program in Pediatric Research (first renewal), principal investigator.
- Evaluation of Secondary and Tertiary Preventive Measures for Pain in Children with SCD, NIH, National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, principal investigator, Cheryl Hillery, MD.
Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
8701 Watertown Plank Road
Milwaukee, WI 53226
Phone: (414) 456-4170
Fax: (414) 456-6837
Investigator in areas of: