Michael Kelly, MD, PhD
Interim co-section chief, the MACC Fund Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin; associate professor, Pediatrics, Hematology/Oncology/BMT; fellowship director, Pediatric Hematology/Oncology/BMT fellowship program, the Medical College of Wisconsin.
Leukemia, immunotherapy, vascular anomalies and tumors, drug development and clinical trials for pediatric cancer.
Medical degree, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, 1993; Pediatric resident, St. Louis Children's Hospital, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, 1996; Pediatric Hematology/Oncology fellow, St. Louis Children's Hospital, St. Louis, 1999; doctorate, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, 1992.
American Board of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, 2002; American Board of Pediatrics, 2001; Diplomate, National Board of Medical Examiners, 1994; Wisconsin Licensure, 2005.
Marion Merrell Dow Scholar, 1993; St. Louis Children's Hospital Cancer Fund Research Fellow, 1998; selected to attend the UW-Milwaukee and Medical College of Wisconsin Faculty Leadership Program, 2007; Children's Specialty Group Leader Development Program, 2008.
Meet Dr. Kelly and learn about the Cancer and Blood Disorders Center at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin by watching the following video:
- Knutsen A, Kelly ME, Wall DA. Umbilical Cord Blood Transplantation in Severe T Cell Immunodeficiency Disorders. Pediatric Asthma, Allergy and Immunology. 2005; 18:189-200.
- Broom MA, Knutsen AP, Siegfried E, Batanian JR, Kelly ME, Shah M. Successful Umbilical Cord Blood Stem Cell Transplantation in a Patient with Rothmund Thomson Syndrome and Combined Immune Deficiency. Clinical Genetics. 2006; 9:337-34.
- Lai JS, Cella D, Kupst MJ, Holm S, Kelly ME, Bode R, Goldman S. Measuring Fatigue for Children with Cancer: Development and Validation of the Pediatric Functional Assessment of Chronic Illness Therapy - Fatigue (pedsFACIT-F). Journal Pediatric Hematology/Oncology. 2007; 29(7):471-479.
- Rao A, Kelly ME, Musselman M, Ramadas J, Wilson D, Grossman W, Shenoy S. Safety, Efficacy and Immune Reconstitution after Rituximab Therapy in Pediatric Patients with Chronic or Refractory Hematologic Autoimmune Cytopenias. Pediatric Blood Cancer. 2008; 50:822-825.
- Cameron C, Greenbaum L, Sato T, Trost E, Lundeen B, Kelly ME. Renal Cell Carcinoma in a Patient with Cystinosis. Pediatric Nephrology. 2008; 23:1167-1170.
- Maronn M, Catrine K, North P, Browning M, Kerschner J, Drolet B, Kelly ME. Multifocal Lymphangioendotheliomatosis with Trombocytopenia: Expanding the Phenotype. Pediatric Blood Cancer. 2009; 52(4):531-534.
- Infrastructure to Facilitate Clinical and Translational Research in Pediatric Oncology at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin, Midwest Athletes against Childhood Cancer (MACC Fund), principal investigator.
- Phase II Clinical Trial Assessing Efficacy and Safety of Oral Prednisolone vs. Vincristine in the Treatment of Infantile Hemangiomas, Bleser Family Foundation (through Children's Hospital Foundation), principal investigators: Michael Kelly, MD, PhD and Beth Drolet, MD.
- Vascular Anomalies Clinical Research Consortium (VARC) for the Rare Diseases Clinical Research Network, National Institutes of Health, NHBL1, principal investigators: Beth Drolet, MD and Susan Adams, MD. My role: Co-investigator, Pilot Project Core Leader and member of the Executive Committee responsible for administration of the grant.
- Clinical Trial Assessing the Efficacy and Safety of Selenium in the Treatment of Complicated Lymphatic Malformations in Children and Young Adults, Food and Drug Administration (FDA), principal investigator.
Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
8701 Watertown Plank Road
Milwaukee, WI 53226
Phone: (414) 456-4170
Fax: (414) 456-6543
Investigator in the areas of: