Kevin Kelly, MD
Investigator, Children's Research Institute; professor, Pediatrics, Allergy/Immunology, vice chair, Finance, Pediatrics, Medical College of Wisconsin.
Asthma, asthma surveillance, asthma in the emergency room setting, latex allergy
Medical degree, Loyola University, Maywood, Ill., 1978; residency, Ophthalmology, Loyola University Hospital, Maywood, Ill., 1979; Pediatrics, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin, Milwaukee; fellowship, Pediatric Intensive Care, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, 1982; fellow, Pediatric Intensive Care/Anesthesia, Children's Hospital, Boston, 1983; fellow, Allergy/Immunology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, 1992.
Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society, 1978; Alpha Sigma Nu Jesuit Honor Society, 1978; Fellowship Research Papers, first place, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin, 1982; Young Investigator Award, American Academy of Pediatrics, 1982; Who's Who in Health and Medical Services, 1991; Allen and Hanburys Respiratory Institute: 1991 Allergy Fellowship Award; The Best Doctors in America, Midwest Region, 1995; American Health Magazine "Best Doctors in the U.S." 1996-2009; Guide to Top Doctors, 1999-2002; Academic Keys, Who's Who in Medical Sciences Education, 2005; American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology, Recognition of Significant Contributions as Chair of the Latex Allergy Committee, 2005; America's Top Pediatricians, Consumers' Research Council of America, 2006; Metropolitan Who's Who Professional Honor Society, 2006; Super Doctor, Kansas City Magazine, 2006-2009.
- Gorelick M, Meurer JR, Walsh-Kelly CM, Broussear DC, Grabowski L, Cohn J, Kuhn EM, Kelly KJ. ED Allies: A Controlled Trial of Two Emergency Department-based Follow-up Interventions to Improve Asthma Outcomes in Children. Pediatrics. 2006 April; 117(4):S127-S134.
- Kelly KJ, Walsh-Kelly CM, Christenson P, Rogalinski S, Gorelick MH, Barthell EN, Grabowski L. Emergency Department Allies: A Web-based Multi-hospital Pediatric Asthma Tracking System. Pediatrics. 2006 April; 117(4):S63-S70.
- Walsh-Kelly CM, Kelly KJ, Drendel AL, Grabowski L, Kuhn EM. Emergency Department Revisits for Pediatric Acute Asthma Exacerbations, Associate of Factors Identified in an Emergency Department Asthma Tracking System. Pediatric Emergency Care. 2008 August; 24(8); 505-10.
- Banerjee B, Kanitpong K, Fink JN, Zussman M, Sussman GI, Kelly KJ, Kurup VP. Unique and Shared IgE Epitopes of Hev b 1 and Hev v e in Latex Allergy. Molecular Immunology. 2000; 37:789-798.
- Kelly KJ, Kurup VP, Reijula K, Fink JN. The Diagnosis of Natural Rubber Latex Allergy. .Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology. 1994; 93(5):813-6.
- Kelly KJ, Pearson ML, Kurup VP, et al. Anaphylactic Reactions in Patients with Spina Bifida During General Anesthesia: Epidemiologic Features, Risk Factors and Latex Hypersensitivity. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology. 1994; 94(1): 53-61.
- Children's Center for Clinical Pharmacology Studies, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, co-principal investigator.
Children's Corporate Center
999 North 92nd Street
Milwaukee, WI 53226
Phone: (414) 337-7440
Fax: (414) 337-7105