Medical Social Work Program in the Fox Valley
Children's Hospital of Wisconsin's social workers are available to help patients and their families with social, emotional and financial issues related to a patient's illness.
- Support and educate families adjusting to a new diagnosis or chronic illness
- Offer crisis intervention, short-term counseling and consultation
- Help link families to financial, insurance and community resources
- Consult with the care team to assure the strengths and needs of the patient and his or her family are recognized
- Link a child's school and health care team
- Help with transition to adult health care services
- Help meet the needs of the patient for home care
How to contact a social worker
Ask your child's doctor or care provider to request a social worker.