Benefits of Family Finding
- Lifelong connections. Children will be able to make a connection that could last a lifetime.
- Emotional improvement. Children have increased and improved family connections, decreased loneliness and a greater sense of belonging.
- Decreased use of out-of-home care placements. Whenever possible, children may be placed with biological family members.
- More successful placements. Children who are placed with biological family members are more likely to grow and develop. Research demonstrates that biological families are willing to emotionally invest the time and energy to work with children who may have medical or emotional challenges.
- More involved fathers. Fathers and their families can become more involved.
- Compliance with the Adoption and Safe Families Act, Chapter 48 and the Fostering Connections to Success and Increasing Adoptions Act of 2008.
Funded through the Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children and Families, Children's Bureau, Grant #90-CF-0016/01. The contents of this website do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the funders, nor does mention of trade names, commercial products or organizations imply endorsement by the U.S Department of Health and Human Services. This information is in the public domain. Readers are encouraged to copy and share it, but please credit Children's Hospital of Wisconsin Community Services.