Keri Hainsworth, PhD
Investigator, Children's Research Institute, assistant professor, Anesthesiology, The Medical College of Wisconsin.
Co-occurring pain and obesity, psychosocial health, health-related Quality of Life.
Doctorate, University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee, 1994; post-doctoral fellowship, Medical College of Wisconsin, 1996.
American Psychological Association Dissertation Research Award.
- Gorodzynsky AY, Hainsworth KR, Weisman SJ. School Functioning and Chronic Pain: A Review of Methods and Measures. Journal of Pediatric Psychology. 2011; doi:10.1093/jpepsy/jsr038.
- Densmore JC, Peterson DB, Stahovic LL, Czarnecki ML, Hainsworth KR, Davies WH, Cassidy LD, Weisman SJ, Oldham KT. Initial Surgical and Pain Management Outcomes Following Nuss Procedure. Journal of Pediatric Surgery. 2010; 45:1767-1771.
- Rusy LM, Hainsworth KR, Nelson TJ, Czarnecki ML, Tassone JC, Thometz JG, Lyon RM, Berens RJ, Weisman SJ. Gabapentin Use in Pediatric Spinal Fusion Patients: A Randomized, Double Blind, Controlled Trial. Anesthesia & Analgesia. 2010; 110:1393-1398.
- Hainsworth KR, Davies WH, Anderson KA, Weisman SJ. Co-occurring Obesity and Chronic Pain: The Impact on Health-related Quality of Life. The Clinical Journal of Pain. 2009; 25(8):715-721.
- Hainsworth KR, Anderson KA, Davies WH & Weisman SJ. Development and Preliminary Validation of the Child Activity Limitations Questionnaire: Flexible and Efficient Assessment of Pain-Related Functional Disability. The Journal of Pain. 2007; 8(9):746-752.
- Sato AF, Hainsworth KR, Khan KA, Ladwig RJ, Weisman SJ & Davies WH. School Absenteeism in Pediatric Chronic Pain: Identifying Lessons Learned from the General School Absenteeism Literature. Children's Health Care. 2007; 36:355-372.
- Evaluation of Yoga for the Treatment of Pediatric Chronic Pain, Medical College of Wisconsin Research Affairs Committee, principal investigator.
- Yoga for Pediatric Obesity: Examining Barriers to Physical Activity, Greater Milwaukee Foundation, Russell and Betty Shaw Fund, principal investigator.
- A Study of Sensory Dysfunction in Children with Chronic Pain and Obesity: Quantitative Sensory Testing, Children's Research Institute, principal investigator.
- Biomechanical Evaluation of Yoga for Pediatric Obesity, Greater Milwaukee Foundation, Russell and Betty Jane Shaw Fund, principal investigator.
Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
Jane B. Pettit Pain and Palliative Care Center
PO Box 1997, MS 792
Milwaukee, WI 53201
Phone: (414) 266-6306
Fax: (414) 266-1761
Investigator in areas of: