Kirkwood A. Pritchard, JR., PhD
Investigator, Children's Research Institute; professor, Surgery, Pharmacology and Toxicology, vice chair, Research Surgery, chairman, Research Affairs Committee, director, Translational Vascular Biology Program, The Medical College of Wisconsin.
Doctorate, Ohio State University, Columbus, 1983; postdoctoral fellow, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, N.Y., 1985.
American Board of Clinical Chemistry, September 1999, board certified.
- Wang W, Xu H, Shi Y, Nandedkar S, Zhang H, Gao H, Feroah T, Weihrauch D, Schulte ML, Jones DW, Jarzembowski J, Sorci-Thomas M, Pritchard Jr., KA. Genetic Deletion of Apolipoprotein A-1 Increases Airway Hyperresponsiveness, Inflammation, and Collagen Deposition in the Lung. J Lipid Res. 2010; Sep; 51(9):2560-70. PMCID in process.
- Nandedkar S, Feroah T, Hutchins W, Weihrauch D, Konduri K, Wang J, Strunk R, DeBaun M, Hillery C, Pritchard Jr., KA. Histopathology of Experimentally-induced Asthma in a Murine Model of Sickle Cell Disease. Blood. 2008; 1126(6):2529-2538. PMCID: PMC2532817.
- Xu H, Shi Y, Wang J, Jones D, Weihrauch D, Ying R, Wakim B, Pritchard KA, Jr. A Heat Shock Protein 90 Binding Domain in Endothelial Nitric-oxide Synthase Influences Enzyme Function. J Biol Chem. 2007; 282:37567-37574.
- Weihrauch D, Xu H, Shi Y, Wang J. Brien J, Jones DW, Kaul S, Komorowski RA, Csuka ME, Oldham KT, Pritchard Jr, KA. Effects of D-4F on Vasodilation, Oxidative Stress, Angiostatin, Myocardial Inflammation, and Angiogenic Potential in Tight-Skin Mice. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2007; 293(3):H1432-41.
- Ou J, Wang J, Xu H, Ou Z, Sorci-Thomas M, Jones DW, Signorino P, Densmore JC, Kaul S, Oldham KT, Pritchard JR. KA. Effects of D-45 on Vasodilation and Vessel Wall Thickness in Hypercholesterolemic LDL Receptor Null and LDL Receptor/ApoA-1 Double Knockout Mice on Western Diet. Circ Res. 2005; 97:1190-97.
- Pritchard Jr. KA, Ou J, Ou Z, Shi Y, Franciosi JP, Signorino P, Kaul S, Ackland-Berglund C, Witte K, Holzhauer S, Mohandas N, Guice KS, Oldham KT, Hillery CA. Hypoxia-induced Acute Lung Injury in Murine Models of Sickle cell Disease. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2004; 286:L705-14.
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)/National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute (NHLBI), HDL Dysfunction and Vascular Inflammation, principal investigator, 2006-2012.
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)/National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute (NHLBI), Asthma Increases Vaso-occlusion in Sickle Cell Disease, co-investigator, 2010-2014.
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)/National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute (NHLBI), Novel Peptide MPO Inhibitors for Treating Atherosclerosis, principal investigator, 2011-2012.
- Department of Defense, Reduction of Vibration Induced Fatigue or Injuries by Pre-Conditioning with D-4F, co-investigator, 2011-2014.
Children's Research Institute, C4420
8701 Watertown Plank Road
Milwaukee, WI 53226
Phone: (414) 955-5615
Fax: (414) 955-6473
Investigator in the areas of: