Kidney Transplant Diagnoses and Services
Children's Hospital has a longstanding reputation for innovation and expertise in comprehensive renal care. Home to the state's only dedicated pediatric dialysis unit, our Renal Clinic provides comprehensive care including:
- Prenatal counseling for kidney abnormalities diagnosed via ultrasound, such as hydronephrosis and cystic kidneys
- Medical management of congenital conditions such as kidney duplication, solitary kidney, cystic kidney, vesicoureteral reflux and posterior urethral valves
- Coordinated care of kidney disease related to other conditions like systemic lupus erythematosus, diabetes and congenital kidney disease
- Home peritoneal dialysis.
- In-center chronic dialysis.
- Acute peritoneal/hemodialysis.
A kidney transplant often is recommended for children who have serious kidney dysfunction and will not be able to live without dialysis or a transplant. Not all cases of these diseases require kidney transplantation. Always consult your child's physician for a diagnosis.
Learn more about our Quality Reports for Pediatric Solid Organ Transplant.