How do I become a Treatment Foster Care parent?
To be a Treatment Foster Care parent, you must:
- Be 21 years of age or older and be in good health.
- Have sufficient income to support your own financial obligations.
- Undergo background investigations.
- Possess sound judgment and positive parenting skills.
- Have a high school diploma or GED.
- Have renter's or homeowner's insurance on your property.
- Have vehicle liability insurance.
- Have a physical examination completed by your doctor (this is required for each household member).
- Complete the required pre-license education.
Single, married or partnered individuals are eligible to apply.
Interested in becoming a foster parent? Contact a Children's Hospital of Wisconsin Community Services office in your area.
Black River Falls
(Kenosha, Milwaukee, Racine & Waukesha Counties)
(414) 453-1400 or (800) 653-2779