Everything we do shows our passion for children, and employee competence is critical to the safe, high-quality, family-centered care and services we provide. No matter what roles our employees play, our core competencies set the stage for successful employment, a rewarding career and the very best care for children and families.
- We eliminate or lessen risks that could harm employees or the children and families we serve.
- We maintain knowledge of safety practices and related skills.
- We report actual and potential safety events.
- We fix situations that place children, families or employees at risk.
- We communicate safety risks beyond our immediate influence.
- We collaborate effectively with team members that may include co-workers, children, families, volunteers or community members.
- We adopt positive attitudes toward team membership.
- We act as partners to team members.
- We Communicate in ways that build team trust.
- We place children and families at the center of care and service design and delivery. We serve internal and external customers with respect and appreciation, and recognize that our customers are anyone who receives the results of our work.
- We partner with each child and family to make decisions and plan care or services.
- We invest emotionally.
- We provide a welcoming and save environment.
- We value and show respect for others in each interaction.
- We understand and help others.
- We use the LEAD (Listen, Empathize, Apologize, Do something) service recovery model when customer expectations are unmet.
- We understand, value and support the mission and goals of the health system and its entities.
- We advocate for and protect the health system.
- We demonstrate a high level of professionalism.