Andrew Chan, PhD
Investigator, Children's Research Institute, professor, Pediatrics, Hematology/Oncology/BMT, Medical College of Wisconsin.
Cancer cell signaling
Doctorate, University of London, 1989.
Fogarty International Fellow, 1989-1992; Irma T. Hirschl Career Scientist Award, 1996-2001.
- Goutham N, Heath KE, Reeves HL, Li D, Giono LE, Kimmelman AC, Glucksman MJ, Narla J, Eng FJ, Chan AM, Ferrari AC, Martignetti JA and Friedman SL. KLF6, a Candidate Tumor Suppressor Gene Mutated in Prostate Cancer. Science. 2001; 294: 2563-2566.
- Rodriguez NN, Lee IN, Banno A, Qiao HF, Qiao RF, Hoang T, Kimmelman AC and Chan AM. Characterization of R-Ras3/M-Ras Null Mice Reveals a Potential Role in Trophic Factor Signaling. Mol Cell Biol. 2006; 26:7145-7154.
- Odriozola L, Singh G, Hoang T, and Chan AM. Regulation of PTEN Activity by its Carboxyl-terminal Autoinhibitory Domain. J Biol Chem. 2007; 282:23306-23315.
- Singh G, and Chan AM. Post-translational Modifications of PTEN and their Therapeutic Implications. Current Cancer Drug Targets. 2011; 11:536-547.
- Yan X, Kennedy CR, Tilkens SB, Wiedemeier O, Guan H, Park J-I and Chan AM. Cooperative Cross-talk between Neuroblastoma Subtypes Confers Resistance to Anaplastic Lymphoma Kinase Inhibition. Genes and Cancer. 2011; 2:523-537.
- Singh G, Hashimoto D, Yan X, Helft J, Park PJ-Y, Ma G, Qiao RF, Kennedy CR, Chen S-H, Merad M. and Chan AM. R-Ras is Required for Murine Dendritic Cell Maturation and CD4+ T-cell Priming. Blood. 2011. In press.
- Regulation of Glioblastoma Migration by PTEN PDZ-binding Domain, National Cancer Institute (NCI), National Institutes of Health (NIH), principal investigator.
- Mechanistic Insights into Breast Cancer Susceptibility and Treatment Resistance, Wisconsin Breast Cancer Showhouse, principal investigator.
- Stromal-derived Trophic Factors in Neuroblastoma, Medical College of Wisconsin Cancer Center Innovation Award, principal investigator.
Department of Pediatrics
Division of Hematology/Oncology/BMT
Medical College of Wisconsin
8701 Watertown Plank Road
MFRC - 6033
Milwaukee, WI 53226
Phone: (414) 456-5659
Fax: (414) 456-6543