Samantha L. Wilson, PhD
Investigator, Children's Research Institute; assistant professor, Pediatrics, Medical College of Wisconsin.
Child development, adoption, social-emotional and behavioral regulation, infant mental health
Master of science, St. Louis University, 2003; doctorate, St. Louis University, 2006; clinical internship, Tulane Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, 2005; and University of South Florida, Tampa, 2006; postgraduate training, Bradley/Hasbro Children's Research Center - Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Providence, R.I., 2008.
Psychologist - Wisconsin License
Nebraska Psychological Society, Award of significant Achievement, 2001; Torch Bearer for the XXVIII Olympic games, 2004 (St. Louis, Mo.); St. Louis University Allan G. Barclay Department Award for excellence in course work, clinical work and research, 2005; Division 52, American Psychological Association Award of Merit for Student International Research, 2005; Selected by District 6270 of Rotary International to participate in a month-long vocational exchange in Italy with full funding provided by The Rotary Foundation, 2011.
- Wilson SL, Weaver TL, Cradock MM, Kuebli JE. A Preliminary Study of the Cognitive and Motor Skills Acquisition of Young International Adoptees. Children and Youth Services Review. 2008; 30; 585-596.
- Wilson SL. Attending to Relationships: Attachment Formation within Families of Internationally Adopted Children. Topics in Language Disorders. 2009; 39, 18-31.
- Simms MD, and Wilson SL. Adoption. In RM Kliegman, BF Stanton, JW St. Geme, NF Schor and RE Behrman (Eds.). Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics. 2011; pp. 130-132. Philadelphia, PA: Elsevier Health Sciences.
- Wilson SL. Social-emotional Relationship Development. In D Hwa-Froelich (Ed.), Supporting Development in Internationally Adopted Children. 2012; pp. 59-84). Baltimore, MD: Brookes Publishing.
- Wilson SL. Cognitive Development. In D Hwa-Froelich (Ed.), Support Development in Internationally Adopted Children. 2012; pp. 85-106. Baltimore, MD: Brookes Publishing.
- Hwa-Froelich DA, Wilson SL, Ladage JS and Harris S. Intervention strategies. In D Hwa-Froelich (Ed.), Supporting Development in Internationally Adopted Children. 2012; pp. 205-232. Baltimore, MD: Brookes Publishing.
Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
Child Development Center
PO Box 1997, MS 744
Milwaukee, WI 53201
Phone: (262) 432-6600
Fax: (262) 432-6604