Joseph R. Cava, MD, PhD
Pediatric cardiologist, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin; associate professor, Pediatrics, and director, Cardiac MRI Program, Medical College of Wisconsin.
Cardiac, magnetic resonance imaging.
Doctorate, Marquette University, Milwaukee, 1988; medical degree, Loyola University, Maywood, Ill., 1994; post doctorate, University of Illinois at Chicago, 1990; residency, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, 1997; fellowship, Hope Children's Hospital and the Heart Institute of Children, Oak Lawn, Ill., 2000; fellowship, The Children's Hospital, Boston, 2005.
American Board of Pediatrics, subboard Pediatric Cardiology
Achievement Rewards for College Scientists Scholarship, 1994; Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society, 1994; Medical College of Wisconsin Larrie B. Sarff Memorial Resident Teaching Award, 1997; Medical College of Wisconsin Senior Resident Pediatric Emergency Medicine Award, 1997.
- Ghanayem NS, Jaquiss RD, Cava JR, Frommelt PC, Mussatto KA, Hoffman GM, Tweddell JS. Right Ventricle-to-Pulmonary Artery Conduit versus Blalock-Taussig Shunt: a Hemodynamic Comparison. Ann Thorac Surgery. 2006; 82:1603-1609.
- Johnson BA, Hoffman GM, Tweddell JS, Cava JR, Basir M, Mitchell ME, Scanlon MC, Mussatto, KA, Ghanayem NS. Near-Infrared Spectroscopy in Neonates before Palliation of Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome. Ann Thorac Surgery 2009; 87:571-579.
- Kutty S, Cava JR, Frommelt MA. Idiopathic Infantile Arterial Calcification: A Case Report of Prenatal and Postnatal Echocardiographic Diagnosis. Echocardiography. 2009.
- LaDisa J, Cava J, Dholakia R, Wendell D, Krolikowski M, Samyn M. Computational Simulations from Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Imaging Reveal Altered Hemodynamics in Coarctation Patients Previously Treated by Patch Aortoplasty. J Cardiovasc Magn Reson. 2009; 11:P211.
- Ghanayem NS, Hoffman GM, Mussatto KA, Frommelt MA, Cava JR, Mitchell ME, Tweddel JS. Perioperative Monitoring in High-risk Infants after Stage 1 Palliation of Univentricular congenital Heart Disease. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surgery. 2010.
Herma Heart Center
Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
PO Box 1997
Milwaukee, WI 53201-1997
Phone: (414) 266-6457
Investigator in areas of: