Laura Cassidy, PhD
Investigator, Children's Research Institute; associate professor, Pediatric Surgery, director, Surgical, Clinical and Outcomes Research, Medical College of Wisconsin.
Anesthesia, behavioral health, biostatistics, birthmarks and vascular anomalies, Scoliosis, clinical effectiveness and outcomes, community health and prevention, critical illnesses, Otitis media, environmental health, health disparities, kidney diseases/urological disorders, language/learning disabilities, pain management/palliative care, asthma, surgery, trauma, injury and violence.
Pediatric surgery, trauma, outcomes, clinical effectiveness research, biostatistics, epidemiology, public health.
Doctorate, Epidemiology, University of Pittsburgh Graduate School of Public Health, 2000; Masters of Science, biostatistics, University of Pittsburgh Graduate School of Public Health, 1993.
Co-author Pediatric Specialty Award (awarded for best scientific abstract), 2004; co-author Best-in-Training Award (awarded for best abstract and presentation) section on Transport Medicine, AAP National Conference, 2004.
- Cassidy LD, Marsh GM, Holleran MK, Rurl LS. Methodology to Improve Data Quality from Chart Review in the Managed Care Setting. Am J. Manag Care. 2002 Sep; 8(9):787-793.
- Cassidy LD, Potoka DA, Adelson PD, Ford HR. Development of a Novel Method to Predict Disability after Head Trauma in Children. J Pediatr Surg. 2003 Mar; 38(3):482-485.
- Cassidy LD. Basic Concepts of Statistical Analysis for Surgical Research. J Surg Res. 2005 Oct; 128(2):199-206.
- Cassidy LD, Cunningham M, Buchanich J, Marsh GM, Guice K. Proposed Sampling Plan for a National Trauma Registry for Children. Journal of Registry Management. 2008; 35(3):113-119.
- Cassidy LD. Pediatric Disaster Preparedness: The Potential Role of the Trauma Registry. J Trauma. 2009 Aug: 67(2 Suppl): S172-8.
- Cassidy LD, Molenaar DM, Hathaway JA, Freeley T, Cummings BJ, Simpson P, Li, S. Trends in Pulmonary Function and Prevalence of Occupational Asthma in Hexamethylene Diisocyanate (HDI) Workers over a Nineteen Year Period. J Occup Environ Med. 2010 Oct: 52(10): 988-94.
- Berens RJ, Cassidy LD, Matchey J, Campbell D, Colpaert KD, Welch T, Lawson M, Peterson C, O'Flynn J, Dearth M and Tieves KS. Probability of Survival Based on Etiology of Cardiopulmonary Arrest in Pediatric Patients. Pediatric Anesthesia, no. 2010; 1460.
- Subcontract to the National Children's Study (NCS) National Institutes of Health (NIH)/The National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD), Evaluation of Commercial Resources for Tracing/Locating NCS Participants, principal investigator, 2010-2011.
- Wisconsin Department of Public Health, State Trauma Registry Evaluation, co-investigator, 2011.
- National Institutes of Health, Safety Monitoring for Use of Propranolol for Hemangiomas, co-investigator, 2011-2013.
Children's Research Institute
Children's Corporate Center, C460
999 North 92nd Street
Wauwatosa, WI 53226
Phone: (414) 266-6552
Fax: (414) 337-7765
Investigator in areas of: