Andrew Pelech, MD
Pediatric cardiologist, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin; professor, Pediatric Cardiology, director, Cardiac Catheterization Lab, director, Cardiovascular Research, Medical College of Wisconsin.
Epidemiology, hemodynamics, interventional cardiac catheterization, pediatric cardiology.
Medical degree, University of Alberta, Canada, 1977; internship, Edmonton General Hospital, Alberta, Canada, 1978; resident, Health Sciences Center, Manitoba, Canada, 1981; fellowship, Hospital for Sick Children, Ontario, Canada, 1985.
Fellow, Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, Pediatrics, 1982; fellow, Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, Cardiology, 1983; diplomate, American Board of Pediatrics, 1991, recertified 1998; diplomate, American Board of Pediatrics, Cardiology, 1992, recertified 1999.
- Tweddell JS, Pelech AN, Frommelt PC, Jaquiss RD, Hoffman GM, Mussatto KA, Litwin SB. Complex Aortic Valve Repair as a Durable and Effective Alternative to Valve Replacement in Children with Aortic Valve Disease. Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery. 2005 Mar.; 129(3):551-8.
- Tweddell JS, Pelech AN, Jaquiss RD, Frommelt PC, Mussatto KA, Hoffman GM, Litwin SB. Aortic Valve Repair. Seminars in Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery. 2005; 112-21.
- Huiras EE, Barnes CJ, Eichenfield LF, Pelech AN, Drolet BA. Pulmonary Thromboembolism Associated with Klippel-Trenaunay Syndrome. Pediatrics. 2005 Oct.; 116(4):e596-600.
- Tweddell JS, Pelech AN, Frommelt PC. Ventricular Septal Defect and Aortic Valve Regurgitation: Pathophysiology and Indications for Surgery. Seminars in Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery: Pediatric Cardiac Surgery Annual. 2006; 147-52.
- Hanson-Morris KA, Pelech AN. The Wisconsin Pediatric Cardiac Registry: A Mechanism for Exploring Etiologies of Congenital Heart Defects. Wisconsin Medical Journal. 2006 May; 105(3):45-8.
Herma Heart Center
Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
PO Box 1997
Milwaukee, WI 53201-1997
Phone: (414) 266-6457
Investigator in the areas of: