Steven D. Zangwill, MD
Director, Pediatric Heart Failure and Heart Transplantation, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin; associate professor, Pediatrics (Cardiology), Medical College of Wisconsin.
Heart failure, heart transplant, pediatric cardiology.
Medical degree, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, N.Y., 1989; intern and resident, University of Chicago Wyler Children's Hospital, 1992; fellowship, Pediatric Cardiology, Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center New York, Babies and Children's Hospital, New York, 1995; fellowship, Cardiac Transplant, Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center New York, Babies and Children's Hospital, New York, 1995.
- Zangwill SD, Ellis TM, Zlotocha J, Jaquiss RD, Tweddell JS, Mussatto KA, Berger S. The Virtual Crossmatch: A Screening Tool for Sensitized Pediatric Heart Transplant Recipients. Pediatric Transplant. 2006 Feb.; 10(1):38-41.
- Zangwill SD, Brown MD, Bryky CR, Cava J, Segura AD. Marfan Syndrome Type II: There's More to Marfan Syndrome than Fibrillin 1. Congenital Heart Disease. 2006; 1:229-232.
- Zangwill S, Ellis TM, Stendahl G, Zahn A, Berger S, Tweddell J. Practical Application of the Virtual Crossmatch. Pediatric Transplantation, 2007 Sept.; 11(6):650-654.
- Stendahl G, Mussatto K, Brosig C, Berger S, Zangwill S. Quality of Life and Vulnerability in Children after Heart Transplant or Fontan Palliation. 11th Annual Update on Pediatric Cardiovascular Disease. Scottsdale, Ariz., February 2008.
- Zangwill S, Naftel D, Stendahl G, Dipchand A. Outcomes of Children with Restrictive Cardiomyopathy Listed for Heart Transplantation: A Multi-Institutional Study. Oral presentation, International Society for Heart Transplantation, Boston, Mass., April 2008.
Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
Herma Heart Center
PO Box 1997
Milwaukee, WI 53201-1997
Phone: (414) 266-6457
Investigator in the areas of: