Best Practices in Pediatrics Winter 2013
Conference Handout Download
This conference will provide the latest information about common problems encountered in pediatric practice and will benefit all health care providers who work with children including pediatricians, family practice physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants.
Glacier Canyon Lodge at the Wilderness Resort and Waterpark
511 East Adams St., Wisconsin Dells, Wis.
Friday, March 8
(This half day will be focused on adolescent topics.)
- 11:00 a.m.-12:50 p.m. Registration and posters available of viewing
- 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Hands-on workshops: Splinting and care of a child with an acute musculoskeletal injury OR Optimizing lactation support in your practice: Strategies to Empower the Breastfeeding Dyad
- 12:50-1:00 p.m. Welcome.
- 1:00-1:45 p.m. Teens and depression and anxiety (include info on medication management)
- 1:45-2:30 p.m. The diabetic teen
- 2:30-2:45 p.m. Break and posters available for viewing.
- 2:45-3:30 p.m. Sleep and teens: Why are teens so tired?
- 3:30-4:15 p.m. IBD and the teen
- 4:15-5:30 p.m. Reception, poster session with authors and program exhibits. Children's Specialty Group and Children's Hospital of Wisconsin physicians from Cardiology, Dermatology, Fetal Concerns, Genetics, Hematology/Oncology, Orthopedics, Otolaryngology, Surgery, Urology will be available for networking. Advanced practice providers, fellows and residents will be displaying pediatric and adolescent research or report posters.
Saturday, March 9
- 7:00-7:30 a.m. Registration, continental breakfast and posters available for viewing.
- 7:30-8:00 a.m. Hot Topics in Pediatrics
- 8:00-8:45 a.m. Assessment of Heart Murmurs in Children
- 8:45-9:30 a.m. Pediatric Robotic Surgery
- 9:30-9:45 a.m. Break and posters available for viewing.
- 9:45-10:30 a.m. Imaging of the pediatric and adolescent patient: What to order?
- 10:30-11:15 a.m. Otitis Media
- 11:15 a.m.-12:15 p.m. Lunch with speakers and poster session with authors.
- 12:15-1:00 p.m. Genetic Testing 2013 and Beyond
- 1:00-1:45 p.m. Fetal Surgery: Womb to Improve
- 1:45-2:30 p.m. Pain Management Problems in Pediatrics: Referrals
- 2:30-2:45 p.m. Meeting evaluation and wrap-up.
- 2:45 p.m-3:45 p.m. Hands-on workshops: Splinting and care of a child with an acute musculoskeletal injury OR Optimizing lactation support in your practice: Strategies to Empower the Breastfeeding Dyad
*Topics subject to change.
Brought to you by Children's Specialty Group and Children's Hospital of Wisconsin.
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this Live Activity for a maximum of 12.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of participation for allied health professionals:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 12.25 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
Questions should be directed to Children's Specialty Group, (414) 266-8617 or email@example.com.
Children's Specialty Group fully intends to comply with the legal requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If any participant is in need of accommodation, please call (414) 266-8617.