Quality and Outcomes Reports - Herma Heart Center
Referring Physician Satisfaction
Why we measure it - Many of our patients come from referring physicians outside of our area. Our relationship with these providers is important to us and we want to make sure we're providing the best care options that meet their needs. Patients with urgent needs are always seen immediately.
What this means - Overall, responses are very favorable. Some areas of improvement identified include ease of contacting staff and timeliness of communication.
About the Data - In 2010, a third-party vendor conducted a survey of physicians who regularly refer patients to Children's Hospital of Wisconsin and provided this feedback. Surveys are conducted every two years. Due to the implementation of EPIC in the fall of 2012, referring physician surveys were not done in 2012. Our next survey will be conducted in 2014.
What we're doing to provide the best care:
- We welcome and value feedback from our referring physicians. We use their opinions and suggestions to review and make changes in the way we care for our patients and families.
- We established an access and feedback work team to make sure patients and referring physicians always have easy access to our facilities and specialists. Our goal is to communicate with and transfer care back to the patient's community physician for seamless follow-up and long-term care.
- Children's Hospital is a leading referral center for other major medical institutions in Wisconsin and bordering states.
- We offer many outreach clinics and surgical sites to reduce the number of trips families need to make to our Milwaukee hospital location. Our specialists travel to or are located in several cities throughout Wisconsin and in Crystal Lake, Illinois to provide care closer to where our patients live. In addition to the main location in Milwaukee, we offer other clinics in Fond du Lac, Kenosha, New Berlin, Neenah and Waukesha. We also have an additional surgical location at Froedtert Hospital in Milwaukee as well.
- We extended our clinic hours and now offer an evening clinic for our adult congenital heart disease patients.
- Referring physicians can access our specialists for consultation or transport 24 hours a day. Call our physician referral line at (800) 266-0366.
- Health care providers from outside of our southeastern Wisconsin service area are encouraged to use our web-based
e-Consult service. This service is available for non-urgent patient cases only and gives providers access to our specialists to review patient cases, obtain medical advice or second opinions, and receive care recommendations for rare symptoms and illnesses.
e-Consult is not to be used by the general public, parents/guardians or families.
- Care guidelines for medical professionals
- Educational materials
- Pocket Directory
If you have questions about this Web page, email us or call (414) 266-6556.