Quality and Outcomes Reports - Herma Heart Center
Time to Next Appointment
Why we measure it - The time to next appointment actually is the time to the third next available appointment for new patients, which is a more accurate measure of how long a patient needs to wait before seeing a specialist of his or her choice for the first time. Patients with urgent needs are always seen immediately.
What this means- We have made significant improvement in this area. The opening of our specialty clinic in New Berlin, Wis. has helped us reduce our time to next appointment wait time.
About the data - These data reflect a measure that is an industry standard. These data show the number of days to schedule a new, non-urgent appointment.
What we're doing to provide the best care:
- We want our new and existing patients to be able to schedule appointments with our specialists within a reasonable length of time.
- To accommodate more patients in a timely manner, our pediatric cardiology fellows and nurse practitioners assist in seeing patients as quickly as possible. Team members work under the direction of our pediatric cardiologists.
- We have expanded diagnostic and clinic space for better organization and improved efficiency.
- We extended our clinic hours and now offer an evening clinic for our adult congenital heart disease patients.
- We offer many outreach clinics and surgical sites to reduce the number of trips families need to make to our Milwaukee hospital location. Our specialists travel to or are located in several cities throughout Wisconsin and in Crystal Lake, Illinois to provide care closer to where our patients live. In addition to the main location in Milwaukee, we offer other clinics in Fond du Lac, Kenosha, Neenah, New Berlin and Waukesha. We also have an additional surgical location at Froedtert Hospital in Milwaukee as well.
Patients and families:
- If you need to schedule or schedule an appointment, please call Central Scheduling at (877) 607-5280 or (414) 607-5280 as soon as possible.
- Arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment so we can gather needed information from you before you see the doctor.
- Referring physicians can access our specialists for consultation or transport 24 hours a day. Call our physician referral line at (800) 266-0366.
- Health care providers from outside of our southeastern Wisconsin service area are encouraged to use our web-based
e-Consult service. This service is available for non-urgent patient cases only and gives providers access to our specialists to review patient cases, obtain medical advice or second opinions, and receive care recommendations for rare symptoms and illnesses.
e-Consult is not to be used by the general public, parents/guardians or families.
- Care guidelines for medical professionals
- Educational materials
- Pocket Directory
If you have questions about this Web page, email us or call (414) 266-6556.