We have opportunities for nurses in many capacities and locations, from critical care to school-based health centers and in roles including research, quality improvement and leadership. More than 170 advanced practice nurses practice at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin. On the other end of the spectrum, new nurses often begin their careers here with nursing internships.
Children's Hospital of Wisconsin in Milwaukee is designated a Magnet hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Children's Hospital has a shared governance organizational structure that supports practice and reflects the interactions of nursing and other health care professionals required for effective collaboration in patient care.
Why choose Children's Hospital?
- We offer a variety of scheduling options to help meet your career objectives and your own personal or family needs. These options include 12-hour shifts, an internal float pool, weekend program, and night/weekend program.
- Graduate nurses receive immediate reimbursement for the NCLEX review course.
- Our comprehensive orientation includes classroom instruction, skills labs and on-the-job instruction.
- Nursing scholarships and a mentoring program support employees pursuing nursing degrees.
- Nursing internships are available for critical care and acute care units.
- Education assistance to help with expenses.
- We promote membership in professional organizations.
- Nurses are active in research, both as team members and principal investigators.