Pippa Simpson, PhD
Investigator, Children's Research Institute; professor, Pediatrics, (Quantitative Health Sciences) and Population Health, section chief, Quantitative Health Sciences, Medical College of Wisconsin.
Study design, genetic data analysis, missing data analysis, reliability.
Master of Science, Computer Science, University of London, London, England, 1974; Doctorate, University of Kentucky, Lexington, 1988.
Australian Commonwealth Postgraduate Scholarship, 1971; Distinction for Master's Degree, University of London, London, England; 1974; University of Kentucky Fellowship, 1983; Vice-President of the Central Arkansas Statistical Association (CASA), 1999; President of the Central Arkansas Statistical Association (CASA) 2000; Certificate of Appreciation for One-year Service as Arkansas Regional Science Fair Judge, 2001; Certificate of Recognition for Promotion to Professor with Tenure; 2001; Food and Drug Administration, Psychopharmacological Drugs Advisory Committee, Washington, DC, 1994-1997; National Institute for Drug Abuse, Technical Committee, Washington, DC, 1994-1997; Food and Drug Administration, Drug Abuse Committee, Washington, DC, 1997-2004; National Institutes of Health, Medical Informatics Committee, ZRG1, SSS-9 Small Business Innovation Research Program, Bethesda, MD,1996-2004; National Institutes of Health, NCCAM, Alternative Medicine Committee, Bethesda, MD, 1998-2004; National Institutes of Health, Statistical Section Committee, SNEM4, SNEM5, Bethesda, MD, 1999-2004; National Institutes of Health, Statistical Section BMRD5, Bethesda, MD, 2002-2005; National Institutes of Health, BCHI Study Section Committee, Charter Member, Bethesda, MD, 2005-2007; National Institutes of Health, Biomedical Computing and Health, Informatics Study Section, Center for Scientific Review, Bethesda, MD, 2006; National Institutes of Mental Health, Ad Hoc Reviewer Special lTV Child Committee, Bethesda, MD, 2004-2006; National Institutes of Mental Health, Charter Member for lTV Child Committee, Bethesda, MD, 2006-2008; National Institutes of Health, Biomedical Computing and Health, Informatics Study Section, Center for Scientific Review, Charter Member, Bethesda, MD, 2009; Vice President of the Milwaukee Chapter of the American Statistical Association, 2010.
- Chaudhuri S, McCullough SS, Hennings L, Brown AT, Li SH, Simpson, PM, Hinson JA, James LP. Effect of Trifluoperazine on Toxicity, HIF-1 Induction and Hepatocyte Regeneration in Acetaminophen Toxicity in Mice. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2012 Aug. 10. [Epub ahead of print]. PMID:22902588.
- Baughn JM, Quasney MW, Simpson P, Merchant D, Li SH, Levy H, Dahmer MK. Association of Cystic Fibrosis Transmembrane Conductance Regulator Gene Variants with Acute Lung Injury in African American Children with Pneumonia. Crit Care Med. 2012 Aug. 10. [Epub ahead of print], PMID:22890249.
- Rentea RM, Liedel JL, Fredrich K, Welak SR, Pritchard KA Jr, Oldham KT, Simpson PM, Gourlay DM. Intestinal Alkaline Phosphatase Administration in Newborns Decreases Systemic Inflammatory Cytokine Expression in a Neonatal Necrotizing Enterocolitis Rat Model. J Surg Res. 2012 June l. [Epub ahead of print]. PMID:22687880.
- Hanson SJ, Punzalan RC, Arca MJ, Simpson P, Christensen MA, Hanson SK, Yan K, Braun K, Havens PL. Venous Effectiveness of Clincal Guidelines for Deep Vein Thrombosis Prophylaxis in Reducing the Incidence of Thromboembolism in Critcally Ill Children after Trauma. J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2012 May; 72(5):1292-7. PMID:22673257.
- Redwine K, Howard L, Simpson P, Li SH, Yan K, James L, Blumer J, Sullivan J, Ward R, Wells T. Effect of Placebo on Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring in Children, for the Network of Pediatric Pharmacology Research Units. Pediatr Nephrol. 2012 May 24. PMID:22623022.
- Hehir DA, Rudd N, Slicker J, Mussatto KA, Simpson P, Li SH, Frommelt MA, Tweddell JS, Ghanayem NS. Normal Interstage Growth After the Norwood Operation Associated with Interstage Home Monitoring. Pediatr Cardiol. 2012 Apr 20. PMID:22526219.
- HIF-1 Alpha and VEGF in Acetaminophen Toxicity and Repair, National Institutes of Health (NIH), co-investigator.
- Community Health Improvement in Metcalfe Park and Concordia (CHIMC): Save Lives Immunize, National Institutes of Health (NIH), co-investigator.
- Adduct Dipstick for Diagnosis of Acetaminophen Toxicity, National Instutues of Health, co-investigator.
- Identification of New Mechanistic Biomarkers of Adverse Responses to Acetaminophen, National Institutes of Health, co-investigator.
- Pharmacogenetics of Warfarin, National Institutes of Health/National Institute of Child Health & Human Development and/or National Heart, Lung & Blood Institute, co-investigator.
- Clinical and Translational Science Award, National Institutes of Health, co-investigator.
- CCFA Microbiome Initiative/Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America, co-investigator.
Children's Research Institute
8701 Watertown Plank Road
Wauwatosa, WI 53226
Phone: (414) 955-4521
Fax: (414) 955-6331
Investigator in the areas of: