Mariko Suchi, MD, PhD
Pediatric pathologist, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin; assistant professor, Pathology, the Medical College of Wisconsin.
Gastrointestinal tract, pancreas.
Medical degree, Nagoya City University Medical School, Aichi, Japan, 1983; Doctorate, Nagoya City University Medical School Postgraduate School, Aichi, Japan, 1987; residency, Pathology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 2000; fellowships, Human Genetics, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, 1991; Pediatric Pathology, The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, 2002.
Honors: Japan IBM Research Award-Japanese Society of Inherited Metabolic Disease, 1987; Young Investigator Award for Clinical Research-Eastern Society for Pediatric Research, 1989.
- Suchi M, Sano H, Mizuno H, Wada Y. Molecular Cloning and Structural Characterization of the Human Histidase Gene. Genomics. 1995; 29:98-104.
- Suchi M, Mizuno H, Kawai Y, Tsuboi T, Sumi S, Okajima K, Hodgson ME, Ogawa H, Wada Y. Molecular Characterization of UMP Synthase Gene and Point Mutations in Hereditary Orotic Aciduria Patients. American Journal of Human Genetics. 1997; 60:525-539.
- Suchi M, MacMullen C, Thornton PS, Ganguly A, Stanley CA, Ruchelli ED. Histopathology of Congenital Hyperinsulinism: A Retrospective Study with Genotype Correlations. Pediatric Development and Pathology. 2003; 6:322-333.
- Suchi M, Thornton PS, Adzick NS, MacMullen C, Ganguly A, Stanley CA, Ruchelli ED. Congenital Hyperinsulinism: Intraoperative Biopsy interpretation can Direct the Extent of Pancreatectomy. American Journal of Surgery and Pathology. 2004; 28:1326-1335.
- Kawai Y, Moriyama A, Asai K, Coleman-Campbell CM, Sumi S, Morishita H, Suchi M. Molecular Characterization of Histidinemia: Identification of Four Missense Mutations in the Histidase Gene. Human Genetics. 2005; 116:340-346.
- Suchi M, MacMullen C, Thornton PS, Adzick NS, Ganguly A, Ruchelli ED, Stanley CA. Molecular and Immunohistochemical Analyses of the Focal Form of Congenital Hyperinsulinism. Modern Pathology. 2006; 19:122-129.
- Islet Dysregulation in Infants with Congenital Hyperinsulinism, National Institutes of Health, co-principal investigator.
Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
PO Box 1997
Milwaukee, WI 53201-1997
Phone: (414) 266-2526
Fax: (414) 266-2779
Investigator in the areas of: