John Aiken, MD
Pediatric surgeon, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin; associate professor, Pediatric Surgery, Medical College of Wisconsin.
Birthmarks and vascular anomalies
Surgical oncology, vascular malformations.
Medical degree, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, 1984; residency, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, 1987 and 1991; fellowship, Children's Hospital, Boston, 1989; fellowship, Children's Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, 1993.
American Board of General Surgery, May 1995 and October 2004; American Board of Pediatric Surgery, March 2000; Advanced Trauma Life Support, March 2003.
Alpha Omega Alpha Alumni Award, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Admissions Committee; Varsity ice hockey, Big Brother Association of Boston; Science Tutor in the Educational Enrichment Program, Harvard College; Student Teaching Award, Medical College of Wisconsin, 2002; Among the top five vote-getters for the number of citations given by students as "Excellent Faculty Teaching."
- Aiken JJ, Oldham KT. Epigastric Hernias. In Behrman R, Kliegman RM, Jenson HB, Stanton BF (eds) Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics, eighteenth edition. Elsevier Publishers, Philadelphia, Pa. (In press).
- Aiken JJ, Oldham KT. Surgical Principles for Lung Resection. In Gupta DK (ed) IAPS-Textbook in Pediatric Surgery. Indian Association of Pediatric Surgeons Ansari Nagar, New Delhi, India. (In press).
- Aiken JJ. Congenital Pyloric Stenosis and Duodenal Obstruction. Master of Surgery, fifth edition. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia, Pa., 2006.
- Aiken JJ. Inguinal Hernias. Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics, eighteenth edition. Elsevier, Inc. 2005.
- Aiken JJ, Oldham KT. Acute Appendicitis. Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics, eighteenth edition. Elsevier, Inc. 2005.
- Aiken JJ, Oldham KT. Pediatric Head and Neck Surgery. Surgery Scientific, Principles and Practice, fourth edition. 2005.
Children's Research Institute
8701 Watertown Plank Road
Wauwatosa, WI 53226
Phone: (414) 266-6550
Fax: (414) 266-6579
Investigator in areas of: