B U.K. Li, MD
Director, Functional Gastroenterology Disorders, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin; professor, Pediatrics; director, Pediatric Fellowships; director, Pediatric Gastroenterology Fellowship Program; associate chief, Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, Medical College of Wisconsin.
Gastroenterology and Nutrition
Abdominal migraine, cyclic vomiting syndrome, eosinophilic esophagitis, functional gastroenterology disorders.
Medical degree, Kansas University School of Medicine, Kansas City, 1974; medical intern residency, Kansas University Medical Center, Kansas City, 1976; pediatric intern residency, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1977; pediatric residency, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1979; pediatric chief resident, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1982; pediatric gastroenterology fellowship, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1981; clinical nutrition fellow, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1983.
Who's Who Among American Students, Kansas University, 1974; L. L. Marcell Award in Internal Medicine (highest 3rd year medical student), Kansas University, 1974; Alpha Omega Alpha, Kansas University, 1974; Outstanding Clinical Teacher Award, University of Wisconsin, 1986; Multicultural Teaching Award, Ohio State University, 1992; Faculty Award, Office of Asian American Student Life, Ohio State University, 1995; Best Doctors in America, 1998; Distinguished Diversity Enhancement Award, Ohio State University, 1999; 10th anniversary Service Award, Asian Pacific American Medical Student Association, 2003; Best Doctors in America, 2004.
- Kagalwalla A, Sentongo T, Titz S, Hess T, Nelson SP, Emerick KM, Melin-Aldana H, Li BUK. Effect of Six-food Elimination Diet on Clinical and Histologic Outcomes in Eosinophilic Esophagitis. Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology. 2006 Sep.; 4(9):1097-102.
- Wang QX, Ito M, Adams K, Li BUK, Klopstock T, Maslim A, Higashimoto T, Herzog J, Boles RG. Mitochondrial DNA Control Region Sequence Variation in Migraine Headaches and Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome. American Journal of Medical Genetics. 2004; 131:50-58.
- Boles RG, Adams K, Li BUK. Maternal Inheritance in Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome. American Journal of Medical Genetics. 2005; 133:71-77.
- Kuman R, Sentongo T, Nelson SP, Melin-Aldana H, Li, BUK. Eosinophilic Esophagitis in Children: A Review. Clinical and Applied Immunology Reviews. 2003; 4:173-188.
- Olson AD, Li BUK. The Diagnostic Evaluation of Children with Cyclic Vomiting: A Cost Effectiveness Assessment. Journal of Pediatrics. 2002; 141:724-728.
- Li BUK, Murray RD, Heitlinger LA, Robbins JL, Hayes JR. Is Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome Related to Migraine? Journal of Pediatrics. 1999; 134:567-572.
- Role of Corticotropin-releasing Factor in Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome, National Institutes of Health, principal investigator.
Children's Research Institute
8701 Watertown Plank Road
Wauwatosa, WI 53226
Phone: (414) 266-3282
Fax: (414) 266-3676
Investigator in the areas of: