John G. Thometz, MD
Medical director, Orthopedic Surgery, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin; professor, Orthopaedic Surgery, Medical College of Wisconsin.
Medical degree, Northwestern Medical School, Chicago, 1978; surgical scholarship, Addenbrooke Hospital, Cambridge, England, 1978; internship, General Surgery, Loyola University, Chicago, 1979; surgery residency, Loyola University, Chicago, 1980; orthopedic surgery residency, Northwestern University, Chicago, 1984; postgraduate fellow in Pediatric Orthopedics, Harvard University, Children's Hospital, Boston, 1985.
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons
Teacher of the Year, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Medical College of Wisconsin, 1988 and 2000.
Meet Dr. Thometz and learn about the Orthopedics Center at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin by watching the following video:
- Thomas Jones, Xue-Cheng Liu, Channing Tassone and John Thometz. Altered Mobility and Trunk Muscle Activation in Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis after Posterior Fusion. The Spine Journal: Vol. 9 (10). 2009; supplement 1:47S-48S.
- Rizza R, Liu XC, Thometz J, Lyon R, Tassone C. A New Method in the Design of a Dynamic Pedorthosis for Children with Residual Clubfoot. J Medical Device. 2010; 4(2).
- Trawicki M, Lin XC, Tassone C, Thometz J, Lyon R. Improvements in Three-dimensional Back Contour after Spinal Fusion for Idiopathic Scoliosis. Studies in Health Technology & Informatics. 2010;158:19-23.
- R. Rizza, XC Liu, J Thometz, R Lyon, C Tassone and G Harris. Effectiveness of a New Dynamic Pedorthosis with Wedge on the Clubfoot. Foot and Ankle International. 2010; 31(9):849.
- J Thometz, L Sathoff, XC Liu, R Jacobson and C. Tassone. EMG Evaluation in Patients with Clubfoot. Am J Orthop. 2011; 40(2):84-86.
- Xue-Cheng Liu, Roger Lyon, John G. Thometz, Brian Curtin, Serge Tarima and Channing Tassone. Insole-pressure Distribution for Normal Children in Differenct Age Groups. 2011
- D4:3D Fluoroscopy and Pressure Validated Orthotics in the Application of Pediatric Flatfoot, Rehabilitation Engineering Research Center on Technologies for Children with Orthopedic Disabilities, National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation Research, role, investigator for D4 (PD: Dr. Harris).
Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
9000 W. Wisconsin Avenue, Suite C360
Milwaukee, WI 53201
Phone: (414) 337-7302
Fax: (414) 337-7337
Investigator in the areas of: