Mark S. Ruttum, MD
Medical director, Ophthalmology, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin; professor, Ophthalmology, Medical College of Wisconsin.
Amblyopia, genetic eye disease, strabismus, visual acuity testing.
Medical degree, Harvard Medical School, Boston, 1976; residency, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, 1981; fellowship, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, 1983.
American Board of Ophthalmology 1982.
Alpha Omega Alpha.
- Ruttum MS, Reis LM, Semina EV. Application of Genetic Approaches to Ocular Disease. Pediatric Clinics of North America. 2006 Aug.; 53(4):751-65
- Ruttum MS, Dahlgren M. Comparison of the HOTV and Lea Symbols Visual Acuity Tests in Patients with Amblyopia. Journal of Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus. 2006 May-Jun.; 43(3):157-60.
- Ruttum MS, Poll J. Unilateral Retinal Nerve Fibre Myelination with Contralateral Amblyopia. Archives of Ophthalmology. 2006 Jan.; 124(1):128-30.
- Kim JE, Ruttum MS. Neurofibromatosis Type 2 in an Infant Presenting with Visual Impairment Confirmed by Genetic Mutation Analysis. Retina. 2005 Oct.-Nov.; 25(7):938-40.
- Engle EC, McIntosh N, Yamada K, Lee BA, Johnson R, O'Keefe M, Letson R. London A, Ballard E, Ruttum M, Matsumoto N, Saito N, Collins ML, Morris L, Del Monte M, Magli A, de Berardinis T. CFEOM1, the Classic Familial Form of Congenital Fibrosis of the Extraocular Muscles, is Genetically Heterogeneous but does not result from Mutations in ARIX. BMC Genetics. 2002; 3:3.
- Hartmann EE, Dobson V, Hainline L, Marsh-Tootle W, Quinn GE, Ruttum MS, Schmidt PP, Simons K. Maternal and Child Health Bureau and National Eye Institute Task Force on Vision Screening in the Preschool Child. Preschool Vision Screening: Summary of a Task Force Report. Ophthalmology. 2001 Mar.; 108(3):479-86.
- ATS8-A Randomized Trial Comparing Atropine to Atropine Plus a Reduced-plus Lens for the Sound Eye as Treatments for Amblyopia in Children 3 to 7, Jaeb Center for Vision Research/National Eye Institute, principal investigator.
- ATS9-A Randomized Trial Comparing Patching Versus Atropine for Amblyopia in 7 to 13 Year Olds, Jaeb Center for Vision Research/National Eye Institute, co-investigator.
Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
PO Box 1997
Milwaukee, WI 53201-1997
Phone: (414) 456-7836
Fax: (414) 456-6300
Investigator in the areas of: