Sean Lew, MD
Program director, Neurosurgery Epilepsy, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin; associate professor, Neurosurgery, Medical College of Wisconsin.
Pediatric epilepsy surgery, complex cervical spine, pediatric brain tumors, neurosurgical techniques.
Medical degree, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland, 1995; residency, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, 2002; fellowship, Pediatric Neurosurgery, Beth Israel Medical Center-Hyman-Newman Institute of Neurology and Neurosurgery, New York City, 2004.
American Board of Pediatric Neurological Surgery, 2008; American Board of Neurological Surgery, 2007; Advanced Trauma Life Support, instructor, 2000, National Board of Medical Examiners, 1998.
Best Doctors in America, 2007, 2008, 2009. 2010.
- Hankinson TC, Avellino A, Harter D, Lew SM, Jea A, Pincus D, Proctor M, Rodriguez L, Sacco D, Spinks T, Brockmeyer DL, Anderson RCE: Fusion rates following Rigid Internal Fixation of the Occiput to C2 are Equivalent with or without C1 Instrumentation. J Neurosurgery. 2010; 5(4):380-384.
- Zupanc ML, Dos Santos Rubio E, Werner R, Schwabe M, Mueller W, Lew SM, Marcuccilli C, O'Connor S, Hecox K: Epilepsy Surgery Outcomes - Quality of Life and Seizure Control. Pediatric Neurology. 2010; 42(1):12-20.
- Miller ML, Kaufman BA, Lew SM. Modified Osteoplastic Orbitozygomatic Craniotomy in the Pediatric Population. Child Nervous System. 2008; 24:845-850.
- Lew SM, Kaufman BA. Neural and Vertebral Column Embryogenesis. Surgery of the Pediatric Spine. Kim, Daniel; Betz, Randall; Huhn, Stephen; Newton, Peter (eds), Thieme Medical Publishers, New York, 2008.
- Lew SM, Kothbauer KF. Tethered Cord Syndrome: An Updated Review. Pediatric Neurosurgery. 2007; 43:236-248.
Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
9000 W. Wisconsin Avenue, MS C310
Wauwatosa, WI 53226
Phone: (414) 266-6435
Fax: (414) 955-0131
Investigator in the areas of: