Bruce A. Kaufman, MD
Medical director, Neurosurgery, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin; chief and professor, Neurosurgery, Medical College of Wisconsin.
Medical degree, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, 1982; residency, University Hospitals of Cleveland, 1988; fellowship, Children's Memorial Hospital, Northwestern University, Chicago, 1989.
National Board of Medical Examiners, 1983; American Board of Neurological Surgery, 1987; American Board of Pediatric Neurological Surgery, Inc., 1996.
Allen Surgical Scholar, Allen Scholar Fund and Elisabeth Severance Prentis Foundation, 1986-1987; participant 40th Annual National Security Seminar United States Army War College, 1994; Best in Category-Promotions-Association Trends (trade publication of association managers), co-developer "Getting SMART about Stroke and Cerebrovascular Disease," 1999; Best Doctors in America, 1999, 2001, 2004.
Meet Dr. Kaufman and learn about the Neurosurgery Program at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin by watching the following video:
- Kaufman BA. Complications of Shunting. In McLone DG, Marlin A, Scott WM, Reigel D, Walker M (eds): Pediatric Neurosurgery, fourth edition, WB Saunders Company, Philadelphia, 2001; 529-547.
- Marsh J, Kaufman BA. Bilateral Coronal Synostosis. In Lin K, Ogle RC, Jane JA (eds): Craniofacial Surgery: Science and Surgical Technique, WB Saunders, Philadelphia, 2002; 218-224.
- Kaufman BA. Medulloblastoma. In Winn, HR (ed): Youmans Neurological Surgery, fifth edition, Saunders, Philadelphia, 2004; 3639-3654.
- Kaufman BA, Muszynski CA. Head Injury and Intracranial Pressure. In Oldham KT, Foglia RP, Colombani PM (eds): The Surgery of Infants and Children: Scientific Principles and Practice, second edition, Lippincott-Raven Publishers, Philadelphia, 2004.
- Kaufman BA. Brainstem Gliomas. In Berger MS, Brem H (eds): Textbook of Neuro-Oncology, Elsevier, Philadelphia, 2004.
- Kaufman BA. Neural Tube Defects. Elsevier Saunders, Pediatric Clinics of North America. 2004 Apr.; 51(2):389-419.
Children's Research Institute
8701 Watertown Plank Road
Wauwatosa, WI 53226
Phone: (414) 266-6435
Investigator in the areas of: