Veronica Flood, MD
Pediatric oncologist, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin; assistant professor, Medical College of Wisconsin.
Von Willebrand disease, hemophilia, thrombosis.
Medical degree, Tufts University School of Medicine, Medford, Mass., 1999; residency, Phoenix Children's Hospital, 1999-2002; fellowship, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, 2002-2005.
Board Certified in Pediatric Hematology/Oncology.
Chief Pediatric Fellow, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, Ore., 2004-2005; Outstanding Research by a Pediatric Fellow award, Doernbecher Children's Hospital, Portland, OR, 2005; American Society of Hematology Clinical Research Training Institute, Dana Point, CA, 2007; Clinical Research Scholars Program, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, 2011-2013.
- Flood VH, Friedman KD, Gill JC, Morateck PA, Wren JS, Scott JP, Montgomery RR. Limitations of the Ristocetin Cofactor Assay in Measurement of VWF Function. J Thromb Haemost. 2009; 7(11):1832-1839.
- Flood VH, Lederman CA, Wren JS, Christopherson PA, Friedman KD, Hoffmann RG, Montgomery RR. Absent Collagen Binding in a VWF A3 Domain Mutant: Utility of the VWF:CB in Diagnosis of VWD. J Thromb Haemost. 2010; 8(6):1431-1433.
- Flood VH, Gill JC, Morateck PA, Christopherson PA, Friedman KD, Haberichter SL, Branchford BR, Hoffmann RG, Absire TC, DiPaola JA, Hoots WK. Leissinger C, Lusher JM, Ragni MV, Shapiro AD, Montgomery RR. Common VWF Exon 28 Polymorphisms in African Americans Affecting the VWF Activity Assay by Ristocetin Cofactor. Blood. 2010; 116(2):280-286.
- Flood VH, Gill JC, Morateck, PA, Christopherson PA, Friedman KD, Haberichter SL, Hoffman RG, Montgomery RR. Gain of Function GPIb ELISA Assay for VWF Activity in the Zimmerman Program of the Molecular and Clincal Biology of VWD. Blood. 2011; 117(6):e67-74.
- Flood VH, Gill JC, Friedman KD, Bellissimo DB, Haberichter SL, Montgomery RR. Von Willebrand Disease in the United States: A Perspective from Wisconsin. Seminars in Thrombosis and Hemostasis. 2011; 37(5):528-534.
- Bellissimo DB, Christopherson PA, Flood VH, Gill JC, Friedman KD, Haberichter SL, Shapiro AD, Abshire TC, Lessinger C, Hoots WK, Lusher JM, Ragni MV, Montgomery RR. Von Willebrand Factor Mutations and New Sequence Variations Identified in Healthy Controls are More Frequent in the African-American Population. Blood. 2012; in press.
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute (NHLBI) K08 award, Functional Implications of VFW A1 Domain Polymorphisms, principal investigator.
Medical College of Wisconsin
8701 Watertown Plank Road
Wauwatosa, WI 53226
Phone: (414) 937-6896
Fax: (414) 937-6811
Investigator in areas of: