David Brousseau, MD, MS
Associate chief, section of Emergency Medicine; Children's Hospital of Wisconsin; professor, Pediatrics (Emergency Medicine); director, Physician Scientist Pathway; Medical College of Wisconsin.
Sickle Cell program and PCOR.
Sickle cell anemia, clinical effectiveness and outcomes, community health and prevention, health disparities, health services.
Healthcare utilization, sickle cell disease, care quality.
Medical degree, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, 1993; Masters of Science, Brown University, Providence, R.I., 2000; pediatric residency, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, 1996; fellowship, Pediatric Emergency Medicine, Rhode Island Hospital and Brown University, 2000.
Pediatrics, Pediatric Emergency Medicine.
- Drendel AL, Gorelick MH, Weisman SJ, Lyon R, Brousseau DC, and Kim MK. A
Randomized Clinical Trial of Ibuprofen versus Acetaminophen with Codeine for Acute Pediatric Arm Fracture Pain. Annals of Emergency Medicine. 2009;54(4), 553-560.
- Brousseau DC, Gorelick MH, Hoffmann RG, Flores G, Nattinger AB. Primary Care Quality and Subsequent Emergency Department Utilization for Children in Wisconsin Medicaid. Academic Pediatrics. 2009; 9(1): 33-39.
- Brandow AM, Brousseau DC and Panepinto JA. Post-discharge Pain, Functional Limitations, and Impact on Caregivers of Children with Sickle Cell Disease Treated for Painful Events. British Journal of Haematology. 2009; 144(5), 782-788. NIHMS139959.
- Brousseau DC, Panepinto JA, Nimmer M, and Hoffman RG. The Number of People with Sickle Cell Disease in the United States: National and State Estimates. American Journal of Hematology. 2010; 85(1), 77-78.
- Brandow AM, Brousseau DC, Pajewski NM, and Panepinto JA. Vaso-occlusive Painful Events in Sickle Cell Disease: Impact on Child Well-being. Pediatric Blood & Cancer. 2010; 54(1), 92-97. NIHMS144359.
- Brousseau DC, Owens PL, Mosso AL, Panepinto JA, Steiner CA. Acute Care Utilization and Rehospitalizations for Sickle Cell Disease. Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA). 2010; 303(13), 1288-1294.
- Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), Emergency Medical Services for Children: Network Development Demonstration Project. site principal investigator.
- National Center for Research Resources, Clinical and Translational Science Award (Clinical Research Scholars Program). program faculty.
- National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, Quality of Life After Treatment with Magnesium for Acute Sickle Cell Pain Episode, co-investigator.
- National Institutes of Health, Intravenous Magnesium for Sickle Cell Vasooccluisive Crisis, principal investigator.
Children's Research Institute
9000 W. Wisconsin Avenue
Children's Corporate Center (CCC) C550
Milwaukee, WI 53226
Phone: (414) 266-2625
Fax: (414) 266-2635
Investigator in areas of: