Xue-Cheng Liu, PhD, MD
Investigator, Children's Research Institute; professor, Orthopedic Surgery; co-director of the Center for Motion Analysis, Orthopedic Surgery, Medical College of Wisconsin.
Human movement science (kinematics and kinetics), orthotics, bone growth modulation, spine, and pediatric sports medicine.
Medical degree, pediatric orthopedic surgery, University Pellenberg Hospital, Belgium, 1997; Doctorate, Catholic University of Leuven, Belgium, 1994; research fellowship, pediatric orthopedics, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, 1999.
- Liu XC, Thometz J, Tassone C, Lyon R and Brady M. Dynamic Plantar Pressure Distribution in Normal Subjects: Free-mapping Model for the Analysis of Pediatric Foot Deformities. J. Pediatric Orthopaedics. 2005; 25(1):103-106.
- Lyon R, Liu XC, Schwab J, and Harris G. Kinematic and Kinetic Evaluation of the Ankle Joint before and after Tendo-Achilles Lengthening in Patients with Spastic Diplegia. J. Pediatric Orthopaedics. 2005; 25(4):479-483.
- Thometz J, Liu XC, Reineck J, Lyon R, Tassone C. Changes of Three-dimensional back Contour following Posterior Fusion for Idiopathic Scoliosis. Studies in Health Technology & Informatics. 2006; 123:577-81.
- Klos S, Liu XC, Lyon R, Tassone JC, and Thometz J. Reliability of a Functional Classification System in the Monitoring of Patients with Idiopathic Scholiosis. Spine. 2007; 32(15):1662-1666.
- Rizza R, Liu XC, Thometz J, Lyon R, Tassone C. A New Method in the Design of a Dynamic Pedorthosis for Children with Residual Clubfoot. J Medical Device. 2010; 4(2):021004-1.
- Cope S, Liu XC, Verber M, Cayo C, Rao S and Tassone C. Upper Limb Function and Brain Reorganization after Constraint-Induced Movement Therapy in Children with Hemiplegia. Developmental Neurorehabilitation. 2010; 13(1):17-28.
- Clinical Reliability and Validity of a Foot Model: Assessing Efficacy and Functional Outcome with Orthotic Intervention in Children with Cerebral Palsy, National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation Research (NIDRR), principal investigator.
- 3D Fluoroscopy and Pressure Validated Orthotics in the Application of Pediatric Flatfoot, Rehabilitation Engineering Research Center (RERC), National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation Research (NIDRR), co-investigator.
Children's Corporate Center
9000 W. Wisconsin Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53201
Phone: (414) 337-7323
Fax: (414) 337-7337
Investigator in the areas of: